Anime DVD/Blu-Ray Schedule Update: 19 Titles

Neferpitou

Stand User
Sadly the majority are re-releases of MVM of old titles but there are few Brand New titles among them.

But we got word also from BEEZ that the Gundam Zeta Movies should be released early 2011!.

Source BEEZ Twitter

Anime DVD/Blu-Ray Schedule Update:

13/12/2010

Elemental Gelade: Complete Collection

(RRP: £39.99)

(Re-Release) Tenjho Tenge: Complete Collection

10/01/2011

Aquarion Complete Collection

(RRP: £29.99)

Blade Of The Immortal: Vol. 3 of 3
(RRP: £15.99)

Romeo X Juliet Complete Collection

(Re-Release) Ninja Scroll Complete Collection

(Re-Release) Slayers Complete Collection

07/02/2011

Mahoromatic Something More Beautiful CompleteCollection

Rozen Maiden & Traumend Complete Collection

Slayers Evolution - R: Season 4 Part 2
(RRP: £24.99)

(Re-Release) Battle Vixens Complete Collection

(Re-Release) Slayers Next Complete Collection

28/02/2011

Durarara!! (SUB only): Part 3 of 3

(RRP: £24.99)

Gundam 00: Season 2 - Volume 2
(RRP: £34.99)

07/03/2011

(Re-Release) Gravitation Complete Collection

(Re-Release) ROD TV Complete Collection

Saiyuki Reload Complete Collection

(Re-Release) Slayers Try Complete Collection

(Re-Release) Speed Grapher Complete Collection

Going on Fabriluna's Kenichi hesitation and general aversion to those titles that are much too childish for a 30+ year old, I can only STRONGLY recommend Tenjho Tenge after watching the first disc.

My backlog... :(

Lots of re-release rubbish; the same old junk on a different day. The only set of note is RxJ, which I own the R1 release of.

Man, that re-release of Tenjo Tenge sure seems expensive this long after it came out. I'll probably pick up Rozen Maiden, though.

I just wish that mvm would get some new stuff already. The fact that they are only re doing old stuff in boxsets worries me and makes me think that they are fincally in trouble or something.

They are doing new stuff too. Blade of the Immortal. Moribito. Aren't some of the Slayers and Mahoromatic releases new?

Blade of the Immortal is new... Slayers Evolution-R is new, and they also have The Tower of Druaga to come. Everything else is old stuff repackaged. Either debuting as collections, or a collection re-release at a lower price point.

Otherwise, MVM have three live action titles coming January, March and April

252: Sign of Life
Ikigami: Death Notice
Wushu

if you're bothered,

I might pick up Romeo X Juliet if it comes down in price at some point next year. (Well, make that when it comes down in price).

devilrules666 said:
I just wish that mvm would get some new stuff already. The fact that they are only re doing old stuff in boxsets worries me and makes me think that they are fincally in trouble or something.
MVM is mostly Media Blasters and Geneons distro. Media Balsters don't release much, Most Geneon stuff is held in the UK by FUNi so they can't touch it. They're also dependant on Madman for masters.

The fact Manga don't do all these reissues is more worrying. Keeping old big titles in print is prety important. New fans do want to watch classics, having them available to buy does help.
I hate finding a series I want to watch having been released by Manga and then having to pirate it or import as they didn't renew the licence and reprint it.
Most of the costs have already been payed, they have the materials, masters, BBFC certs etc. It doesn't cost that much to keep titles available, all the US companies manage this fine.

Sparrowsabre7 said:
AL gundam
This has been interesting me somewhat lately. Did the AL collection of First with the Japanese language track ever get "officially" confirmed, or was it just informally mentioned?

Back