Anime derailed from the Manga

Gantz. I thought the anime was great up until the last episode and how it ended, the manga is obviously even better (though I'm still only at volume 12) and I thought the movies were very poor, the only thing they got right was girl Kei in her suit (and even then we never got to see her out of her suit!).

Claymore would be my other one. Adored the series up until the last few episodes when it went off the rail, what happens in the manga at that point is great and things only get better.

There's certainly enough material for both now to re-do them, though obviously neither still has an ending.

One which comes to mind is Elemental Gelade, sorta spins away from the manga near the end of the series (although that will probably be down to the manga not being finished at the time)

Nonstarter Noodle said:
Rosario+Vampire. The Mangas had so much potential but sadly wasted by turning into a fansevice laden comedy. Now don't get me wrong, I love the Anime but compared to the Mangas it just felt that there was a whole lot missing.

Would definately go with this. Found the manga via the anime, but the manga is far far stronger.

Soul Eater needs an FMA:Brotherhood style re-do once the manga has finished. Even though I love the anime, the Manga storyline just sounds awesome.

From what I have read the Manga storyline of Black Butler sounds pretty cool. Even though I love the anime, a manga faithful adaptation would get me shelling out again.

On the complete flip side, I'm glad that Inu x Boku SS ended where it did, because the manga turned to crap shortly afterwards.

Yeah, I'm kind of glad The Getbackers ended where it did, because although it left a lot of unanswered questions, the ultimate reveal would be in my list of "most hateful ways to end a show, EVER".

Pandora Hearts could use a remake now. It followed the manga almost perfectly until the last couple of episodes. But with recent chapters in the manga, everything we knew holds no truth anymore. I think it would do so well as anime, it would be something a bit different.
Also, the animation wasn't really up to scratch for when it was made, bit lazily done by the looks of it. Sometimes it was lovely but over all it was very inconsistent.

Eh, the Usagi Drop anime was so much less adventurous than the manga. There are far more interesting discussions to be had if they had covered the rest.

"Interesting discussions"... that's an "interesting" way of putting it. From what I've seen, every forum thread about the second half of the Bunny Drop manga, or that becomes about the second half of the Bunny Drop manga, goes south extremely quickly.

Personally I'm not averse to manga or anime examining controversial subject matter, but I just wish that it didn't have to be Bunny Drop that went there. The first half may not have been adventurous but it was so warm and touching and quite unique by itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
fabricatedlunatic said:
"Interesting discussions"... that's an "interesting" way of putting it. From what I've seen, every forum thread about the second half of the Bunny Drop manga, or that becomes about the second half of the Bunny Drop manga, goes south extremely quickly.
I have faith in you guys to have avoided this pitfall. And I think both of the posts from you too emphasize why it's so interesting that this series specifically "went there".

Back