Anime Conventions 2009

Jaymii

Baka Ranger
See? This is a problem. AX ended yesterday, and my dear UK anime forum never told me it was even happening. I had to check ANN to see. Not that much actually went down.

Compared to last year, the majority of the happenings seem to be quite lame, It's awesome that One Piece manga is getting a Naruto Nation style thing, with 5 volumes being released a month starting in 2010. FUNi must have forced VIZ to do that... but that's about it.

Click here for all the annoucements and panels

ComicCon's soon. That'll be better!

Oh, you were interested in it? I received all their press releases, but was it's an America thing, I simply deleted them all.

chaos said:
Oh, you were interested in it? I received all their press releases, but was it's an America thing, I simply deleted them all.
Things that happen in America could have an effect on us. You can apply that to most things.

My bad. Nothing I've got seemed relevant. It was stuff about bands playing, guests and things like that.

Maxon said:
chaos said:
Things that happen in America could have an effect on us. You can apply that to most things.
Oh if that were only true for anime. :cry:

Well, internet streaming was mentioned in a couple of speeches by guests, but the word 'worldwide' -which to us chaps is golden- failed to receive a mention.

Renamed the thread, so we could talk about Otakon and other convention announcements for this year properly. I also didn't want to flood megagold5's thread with saying that FUNi getting a hold of Casshern SINS and Eden of the East is very nice.

Hopefully they do boxes. I love boxes.

Jayme said:
>FUNi
>boxes
Early packaging shot of Funimation's complete Eden of the East boxed set for the UK market:

box.jpg

Back