Anime Computer games

Macross G

Brigade Leader
It seems a lot of you are into computer/video games as well as anime.
So is there any anime you would like to see made in to a computer game?
Me personally would like to seem more games using anime style graphics,
rather than use of a anime licence.

I would like to see a first person shooter (like Half Life 2 ) using anime style graphics rather then aiming for a more 'realistic look' (which does work well
for racing simulators). Is it going to happen probably not , but who knows what the new consoles will bring.(Probably some great games and a lot of
rubbish too)

I'd love to be able to get the Naruto game for the PS2 - looks pretty awesome. As for anime-looking games, cel-shading is being used a fair bit nowadays so you don't have to go far to find comic/anime style games.

i love the budokia series and i am waiting for the release of dbz sparlking over here its gonna be great 60 playable characters

including the ginyu force lol

Just 2 let u know, ther r such things as Anime games, like proper things, if u;ve seen Excel Saga u will know wot i mean, its like when they do an action and an option comes up with wot 2 do nxt lol, its like a story, but a proper series. There is 1 really good 1, called Fate:Stay Night, that is being released by Geneon incidently, which is gonna b kl, but i dont know how they will do it, coz it will b their 1st pc game, but on the Geneon Japanese website, u can buy it from there, so it must mean they r getting Anime story games ova here, yay! :p :p

If u want 2 dl sum demo's for Anime story games, pop over 2 http://www.edkeyes.org/choco/ and scroll 2 about 2/3rds and u can get the demo's, ive played 1 called Kujira, but it went wrong :( :( and i'm currently dling Fate, so i'll tell u all about it when i've played it.

U can also get loads of other J-pop vids, and anime intro's(OP's), AMV's, and those Anime Story Games OP's too :p :p

I would like a proper anime game, or anime styled game, with 3D kind of anime styled characters, and 3rd person style, none of these games which i always see, that have a great front cover and then you see the actual game and they are these tiny little characters something like Age of Empires. And for me i would love it not to be RPG styled, Star Ocean looks nice, but not the kind of game play i like

t0ffe3m4n^ said:
Funnily enough, im not especially fond of anime-based games.. im more into FPS's and racing games.

Me too . I mean I would like more games to use anime style graphics, but not games based on a certain anime. E.G a FPS using anime graphics instead of a ' more realistic style'.

Id like there to be a HXH that would be cool, taking the tests and then going out becoming a hunter, or maybe just a greed island style game, that would be cool

Got both , both are great games but I agree GT4 is better though. Love the
custom sound tracks on Forza Motorsport , wish GT4 had them.

Afraid Not. (I have not got XBOX live , If I did I would be intrested)

Going to wait for the next gen of consoles before going online.

Rockatronic said:
I would like to see a first person shooter (like Half Life 2 ) using anime style graphics rather then aiming for a more 'realistic look' (which does work well for racing simulators).
Whilst strictly speaking XIII was aiming for a "graphic novel" look (so US rather than anime stylings), it's the closest that ever happened to what you're describing. It's a shame that it wasn't all that exciting a game, or else someone may have considered a Manga-style mod (with Japanese sound effects instead of Graphic Novel "Ka-booms!"). For that matter, it's worth having a look around http://www.moddb.com/ for any anime inspired mods for the games you have. There are plenty of mecha-styled mods in development or released for instance, though I've never tried them and am inclined to judge them as "very poor" just from screenshots...

Abstractly, plenty of FPS games are accused of "anime inspirations" or something along the lines. The characters in the Unreal Tournament 2 games look particularly Graphic Novel-esque and there is certainly an element of realism lacking in them. Though TBH, I think more realistic styles are a far better idea in action games.

An anime-themed FPS is a good idea to buck the trend, but not "the way it should be" by any means. Incidentally, racking the archives of my Brain Juice has thrown up the names "Shogo: Mobile Armor Division" and "SiN". Both released in 1998, so were inevitably buried and forgotten for daring to take on the mighty Half-Life. The former is a Mecha-Anime themed FPS with anime-stylings all over (though the Lithtech engine always looked terrible, so it may just be a consequence of the poor engine!). SiN is notable because it had a "sort of Anime-styling" to the extent that someone (apparently against better taste and judgement) went and made an Anime feature film based on the game.

Also of interest: SiN has somehow survived the depths of oblivion and the sequel will be released over Valve Software's Steam network episodically. Strange. As it is reportedly using the Source engine, whether it retains its unrealistic style is another matter.

Thw old Akira game for the NES was alright. I used to have it on emulator. The FMA series are OK but the controls are a bit daft. I've seen the Stand Alone Complex game but haven't played it. The BECK game looks iinteresting but the anime pisses me off so I wouldn't touch it.
There's LOADS of anime/manga games around- I just don't know enough about anime though :wink:

Got a few Anime based games;

Naruto 3 on GC which is quite fun.
Gundam Federation Vs Zeon which is also quite fun (if your a gundam fan) however its not a great game.
Gungrave which is pretty dang repetitive but quite cool and more fun if you've seen the anime, however the stories differ nearer they get to the endings.

DaNiMé earlier was talking about proper anime games. These are known as dating sims, the one "Fate: Stay Night" is actually a hentai one, although maybe Genon have altered it and are making it 'pure'.

Kiock said:
Got a few Anime based games;

Naruto 3 on GC which is quite fun.
Gundam Federation Vs Zeon which is also quite fun (if your a gundam fan) however its not a great game.
Gungrave which is pretty dang repetitive but quite cool and more fun if you've seen the anime, however the stories differ nearer they get to the endings.

DaNiMé earlier was talking about proper anime games. These are known as dating sims, the one "Fate: Stay Night" is actually a hentai one, although maybe Genon have altered it and are making it 'pure'.

A lot of games that use a Licence (e.g film not just anime) seem to be/turn average at best look at Gits on the PS2 i haven't played it, but it ment to be pretty bad. Thats why I would like a game to take anime influences and use them instead.These 'dating sims' wouldn't be sort of think at all. (I like action and driving games)

Back