Anime Calendar 2008

I don't watch or work with raws, but it's an interesting peek at how the series are scheduled for broadcast - I didn't realise that anime is often aired at really antisocial times of the day when only students and hardcore fans would be awake to watch them!

I suppose VCRs and TiVo equivalents are popular among otaku over there...

Martin said:
I don't watch or work with raws, but it's an interesting peek at how the series are scheduled for broadcast - I didn't realise that anime is often aired at really antisocial times of the day when only students and hardcore fans would be awake to watch them!

I suppose VCRs and TiVo equivalents are popular among otaku over there...

u really should take a look at Lucky Star, u'd see how hardcore some people have to be :D

though i don't think those times are Tokyo times, i'm pretty sure Code Geass is shown around 8 in the evening there

Says TV Tokyo :)

Having spent time in the past on holidays staying up (or getting up) at the silly early times to watch episodes of things like .hack//Udeden or more recently, Slayers Revolution, it's pretty annoying. You really have to record them or you're so half asleep watching after a long day you can't remember what happened afterwards anyway. Reruns are on at more normal times - you can catch classic episodes of Bleach/Naruto/Kyo Kara Maou at the moment during the day.

What really gets me is that things like Slayers Revolution are listed as starting at times like 25:20 instead of 1:20 on their promotional material. I got up on the wrong day once in my delirious confusion because of that. The concept of the 24 hour clock isn't something that some broadcasters seem to fully understand.

R

Rui said:
What really gets me is that things like Slayers Revolution are listed as starting at times like 25:20 instead of 1:20 on their promotional material. I got up on the wrong day once in my delirious confusion because of that. The concept of the 24 hour clock isn't something that some broadcasters seem to fully understand.
Nah, Japan has an extra four hours in a day just for anime, didn't you know? :wink:

This would be useful if I knew how to bounce the signal off multiple sattellites into the redundant dish on my house. That said, not a lot of the stuff out at the moment interests me.

Hear hear, global television would be so handy. Would probably even tempt me back to having TV in my house. I hope broadcasting companies get their acts together and experiment with things like that now more people are getting digital TVs and can [probably] cope with it.

I was always annoyed when we had Sky but only got a few foreign channels. Fortunately, those few included the German RTL ones so my fix of cheesy Sailormoon dub music was assured.

R

ayase said:
Rui said:
Nah, Japan has an extra four hours in a day just for anime, didn't you know? :wink:
I've heard that goes along with their working day...

Back