Anime and asian movies on UK TV this week

Conan-san said:
Not to mention horidly mangled over the years...

concidering it meens house and all.
Nope. It is a polite term meaning "you" or "your household" although the original term is slightly old-fashioned these days.

It was adopted due to an OVA by Gainax (I think) called Otaku no Video, meaning "Your Video" or "Home Video" about a guy who progressively sunk into an obssessive behaviour of watching anime.

Damn, my freeview box decided to update for the end of 2046 (I left my box on for a good reason, stupid thing!). How much more is there after they talk about falling in love with an android on a train? Did I miss much?

Hmmm, am I an otaku? Depends what where you draw the line. On the one hand I love anime and collect a lot of it (perhaps more than I should), but on the other - unlike many of the otakus in japan I don't do cosplay, collect figures or avoid dating women. Anime is just one aspect of my life be it a rather strong one.

Oh yeah, the scene with the otaku convention opening and a crowd charging in was great :lol:

cornixt said:
How much more is there after they talk about falling in love with an android on a train? Did I miss much?
Yes. There's the end of the sci-fi story, and the flashback to the time he spent in Singapore or wherever it was. But nothing really surprising. That film never really goes anywhere at all. And that's the whole idea of it. We can spend our whole lives waiting for the future, but it never comes to us, it's always just out of reach. Sorry for giving it away but… If you've seen In the Mood for Love, that's what's important.

Turtleheart said:
...2046 is starting at 1:30 AM in the morning! Sorry to disappoint you if you were looking forward to seeing it in the early afternoon. But from what I've read, it's a big letdown after the perfection of In the Mood for Love.
I was perhaps lucky to see 2046 before In the Mood a few years ago and was really impressed with the whole visual style of the film, although i have to admit i left the cinema not entirely certain of how it all fitted together.

Managed to watch In the Mood for the first time the other week; its definitely got the same gorgeous look and feel, but i think ultimately it has to be a much more satisfying film than 2046.

Caught 2046 again on film4, which helped me string the pieces together, and whilst the slight sci-fi element adds a little extra to the first film and it perhaps makes you think a little more, can't help but feel its a little too drawn out.

I'd still recommend seeing it though - film4 are bound to repeat it at some point.

Rukario said:
Do you cosplay, McIcy?

No I don't cosplay although I did go to a fancy dress thing at our local metal club as Kakashi and 2 people came up to me shook my hand and bought me a drink for the outfit, I love meeting other fans

Well it's not anime, or Japanese, but <b>Film4</b> have a <b>Korean 'Season'</b> coming up kicking off on this thursday night (5 Oct.)

Looks like they are showing one each night at around 11pm-ish, give or take, starting with <b>Lady Vengeance</b> Thursday at 10:50pm followed in order each night as follows:
<b>Oldboy
A Tale of Two Sisters
R-Point
Brotherhood
Tell Me Something</b>

Looks like they then give you a second chance to see them the following week, albeit at an even later time slot.

Back