Anime All Nighter October 2013

Amon81

Student Council President
Sci-Fi London tweeted today the line up for Ocktoberfest on Saturday 12th October.

Wolf Children and Eva 1, 2 % 3.

Thanks to AniDB I worked out the runtime, 425 minutes or 7:08 hours so it should finish somewhere around 08:00 in the morning.

They did tweet and ask if anyone wants to see some classics a couple of weeks ago, evidently they didn't bother listening to the suggestions.

Still 4 films that were made for the big screen so they will look better than some of the stuff off dvd they have shown.

I'll be getting a ticket next week when they are for sale.

I know. It was me that commented on your facebook comment on the announcement. I haven't got anything on my facebook as I never really use it (infact I only use it for seeing whats at sci-fi London and so my mum can communicate with me when she goes on holiday).

As I said Oktoberfest or Sci-Fi London: East always seems a bit shorter, not much but a bit.

Depending on what time they do the breakfast voucher in the goodie bag I might be able to have it this time. As the last couple of times I've had to get back to the Euston train station. Fun last time as no trains were running from Stratford International, bit annoying as I bought my travelcards along with my Virgin train tickets. Like I did this time a few weeks ago, hence only £32 return (standard down, first class back home).

Still I'm looking forward to coming down for my 9th all-nighter. Fun traveling as my journey down from Birmingham starts at 19:20. A couple of hours on a train down passes quickly though, thanks to audio dramas, in the past Big Finish Dr Who or Black Library's Warhammer 40k.

I'm happy with the line up as they are 4 films it'll be nice to see on the big screen. Though I'd rather them waited a couple of years and shown all 4 evas in one night. For the 2 night a year I travel down I''d rather see a mix. Or classic's like they asked about.

Ah, I didn't realise it was you.

Breakfast voucher? I don't recall getting one in my goodybag at the May edition ;_;

9th Edition? Wow, impressive. This will be my second.

Yeah I agree, seeing all four back to back would of been nice. But I guess they chose to show all three Eva Movies as part of the Third Impact Roadshow. But yes I agree with you, I would of preferred more variety.

Fantastic! Perfect Blue on the big screen, Hell Yes!!

I was actually thinking of rewatching it as I haven't seen it in years. I won't bother now.

GolGotha said:
Ah, I didn't realise it was you.

Breakfast voucher? I don't recall getting one in my goodybag at the May edition ;_;

9th Edition? Wow, impressive. This will be my second.

It was in the black envelope. I had one last November, I think I did in May, but didn't look at the leaflets in the bag.

Yeah I've been traveling down twice a year for a little while now. Best event in England like it. For me the fact that its all done in one sitting is ideal. I'd love to go to Scotland loves animation, but they are a mix of Glasgow and Edinburgh that I'd normally want to see and its over 3 days and last time I went it was about 4 hours on a train to Glasgow, add a couple for Edinburgh.

Back