Anime adapted from manga

PandoraHane

Vampire Ninja
Is there an anime where you have read the manga and thought it was adapted particularly well? On the other hand, is there any you think could have been done better?

I can answer the latter straight up and say the biggest hash was Battle Angel Alita. Exceptional manga, very poor hashed anime (one for the six word reviews)

I'm not usually that fussy but I was very disappointed in the Tenjou Tenge anime due to the sharp reduction in the fanservice. I watched a couple of episodes then wondered what the point of it was and stopped ^^;

I've seen too many great adaptations to list; since I love voice actors so much an anime staff would really have to screw up for me not to like the anime adaptation as much as the source material.

R

Some manga are just a gift to animators and it's a shame if that isn't taken advantage of. Especially in terms of animation.
I agree with the point about voice acting, I've never had a problem with that. When the voices are so perfectly matched I can continue a series even if it strays from what I know. Music and voice acting are such a big part of what makes a great anime.
I think some people would be able to guess that I was disappointed in Tsubasa. The animation just fell flat and the plot was just pulled apart. The OVA's were simply stunning on the other hand. The one series I can say got the best and worst treatment.

Planetes was very well done. Part of the reason was the manga and anime, beyond the first part, were done from the view point of different characters (the manga was from the view of Hoshino and the Anime, Tanabe)

Back