Anime, a love affair or passing fancy?

Anime forever or not?

• It'll do until something better comes along!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I love it but I can see a future without it!

• There is no life without anime!

• Total voters
subedii said:
I still think that 90%+ of games are derivative and/or crap, but that doesn't matter, because I've diversified myself a bit now.

This is completly nothing to do with the topic but really why are there so many rubbish games, and why can't i ever get the kind of game i want. Is there a reason i ask why you can't have beautiful graphics like a final fantasy game and it not be a boring turn based strategy game or a beat em' up. Why can't there be a fantasy game like final fantasy, with interesting characters like final fantasy and the option of co-op missions like the third LOTR game but it not be a turn based strategy game.

Garnet said:
pokemon was a global obsession at one point i think. Yay imprisoning animals and making them kill each other! XD

Pokemon don't die in battle, if they did I could NEVER play my games again :cry:
I think they only die of old age :lol:
I love Pokemon - I want a Blastoise and a Garados :D

Miaka-chan said:
Pokemon don't die in battle, if they did I could NEVER play my games again :cry:
I think they only die of old age :lol:
I love Pokemon - I want a Blastoise and a Garados :D
Yeah i was going to pick up on that but i thought i would leave it.
I love all the cutsie ones like Togepi etc, but my favourite is Charizard (i've always loved dragons....and wolves....ow, and dogs....oooo and guys that turn into dogs and wolves....ok, ok i will shut up now).
I still love Pokemon....always will, and i will never regret the hundreds of pounds i spent buying cards or the even more hundreds of pounds i spent buying merchandise, in fact i still watch it sometime....even with that stupid Max and May

subedii said:
The key is balance. I don't know how it is for everyone else, but for me, if I do something, (even something I really enjoy) too much, I'm going to end up getting bored with it.

Take a break, give it some time, and come back with fresh eyes. It could be a week, it could be months or even a year. But it makes your entertainment a lot more satisfying in the end.

Same with me, I've found. Like food, you eat one thing constantly, you get really really bored of it.

Charter_Mage said:
LadyGreen said:
To live with anime is like a piece of my soul is missing. Anime's my whole life (pathetic) :( , with out anime I wouldn't be me. I would be some misserable girl working from 9 to 5 going home and doing nothing. Nothing to look forward too. But anime the more I have the more I want. :twisted: :wink:
No, no, no, you should never think it's pathetic to love anime so much. Anime is such a wonderful part of my life, with out it i would just be a friendless loser with a freakish love of collecting. With it my lifes a little less boring, and also it makes me to laugh to myself sometime to think that i have discovered such a great thing while there are still many people who won't even give it the light of day and don't know what they are missing

Yeah your right is not pathetic. I dodn't know were would I be with out anime. I wouldn't have that good friends I have now. 8)

Valha :oops:

I feel incomplete without anime, lol not really but my life wouldnt be the same without it, I dont understand how some people dont like it, If I ever get bored of anime somebody shoot me.

sorry about the mistake. The Final Fntasy anime looks nothing like the games but apparantly there was another anime and manga made based on the 7 to 9 characters.

Garnet said:
sorry about the mistake. The Final Fntasy anime looks nothing like the games but apparantly there was another anime and manga made based on the 7 to 9 characters.

Well there is Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children thats based after final fantasy 7 and is all done in CG. That should be out soon in japan.

valha said:
Well there is Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children thats based after final fantasy 7 and is all done in CG. That should be out soon in japan.

I'm really looking forward to this, beautiful CG work and there looks like theres going to be a few good looking guys aswell....i hope i won't be too lost by the plot though because i havn't played Final Fantasy VII

Charter_Mage said:
valha said:

I'm really looking forward to this, beautiful CG work and there looks like theres going to be a few good looking guys aswell....i hope i won't be too lost by the plot though because i havn't played Final Fantasy VII

To be honest, I'll doubt there'll be much of a plot, the emphasis will probably be on visuals.

Red XIII said:
To be honest, I'll doubt there'll be much of a plot, the emphasis will probably be on visuals.
True, true. I didn't think a huge amount of the first film, but then i think that bombed at the box office for the reason that there wasn't much of a plot, and so i heard that they tried to make it alot better this time round, but i guess we'll see

From what I've been reading they're aiming this film mainly at the fans (EDGE had a good interview and preview of it related to this, I might post some of the questions and answers later if you guys are interested), not at the massmarket. While having played FFVII isn't essentiall, you likely will miss out a fair chunk of it if you see the film without having done so.

That's one of the reasons why it's mainly a DVD release (IIRC, there still aren't any real plans for a theatrical release, at least not on a major scale).

Basically, they aren't intent on repeating what happened with Spirits Within. From the previews I read of the special showing (IIRC, there was a special pre-screening of an incomplete version of the film at the Venice film festival. 1up.com (which is a fairly major games website) did a writeup of it which sounds very positive. Personally, I just skimmed it, because it's got LOT's of spoilers (they give you a warni, it'ng before they start though, so that's OK. Basically the first couple of paragraphs and the last paragraph are designated 'safe' :mrgreen:)

Anyway, if you want to read it ( and remember, THERE ARE SPOILERS, so don't blame me if you read something you didn't want to know until you watched it in person), it's here:

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3134435&did=1

As for me, it's been years since I played FFVII, but I reckon I remember enough to watch the film and get it.

Back