Angelic Layer Omnibus question

Rena Ryuugu

Oyashiro-Sama
I have a question for those with the Angelic Layer omnibus. What volumes do each of the omnibuses cover, since I own volumes 1,4 and 5 of the Tokyopop release and would like to get fill in the gap.

I read a review by someone who had the Tokyopop versions and they said omnibus one covers volume 1-2 and the first half of 3. Then omnibus 2 covers the second half of 3 and volume 4-5. They've just split it in half essentially.
I have both omnibuses and they're the same size so I'd say this is right. Hope this helps :)

The original Tokyopop was 5 volumes of approx equal size so I reckon they've split it right down the middle of volume 3.

I do have both releases but I'm not sure what box the TP volumes are in and not had a chance to read the Dark Horse Volumes, it's worth it for the better paper and I'd suspect better translation.

Rosencrantz said:
The original Tokyopop was 5 volumes of approx equal size so I reckon they've split it right down the middle of volume 3.

That's what they've done with Tokyo Babylon so it wouldn't surprise me.

Ah, that's interesting to know they did it with Tokyo Babylon too. It doesn't affect the flow of reading or anything for Angelic Layer. It was an appropriate place to stop in my opinion.

Might be quite annoying if you're looking to fill the gaps though Rena :/ if you think about just buying the omnibuses instead I agree with Rosencrantz, the paper quality is good and I heard in the same review I mentioned before that the translation was an improvement.

They're £9.59 each on Amazon, so you'll be getting the whole series + lots of colour art pages for under £20. Seems like a good buy to me. I have them and they're really nice.

Back