An Utterly Shameless Plug

Well i'm glad to see someone else agrees that Orguss 02 is one of the best anime ever made, and certainly my favorite mecha. 8)

And while i am distinctly unenthusiastic about Eva, its nice to see some good words about Nadesico :wink:

Very Impressive... but no Zeta Gundam? Next to First Gundam and Macross, surely Zeta IS Mecha for most people? :p

Disagree with a few of your ratings, but then you didn't make the list to make people agree :p I'm going to eat some time and give some of my ratings :p

* Aura Battler Dunbine: 8/10
* G Gundam: 5/10
Gundam 08th MS Team: 8/10
Gundam 0079: 6/10 (Movie compilation: 7/10)
Gundam 0080: 9/10
Gundam 0083: 8/10
Gundam: Char's Counterattack: 5/10
Gundam F91: 4/10
Gundam Seed: 7/10
Gundam Seed Destiny: 4/10
* Gundam Wing: 5/10
Gundam X: 5/10
Gundam ZZ: 4/10
Macross Plus: 9/10
Martian Successor Nadesico: 6/10
* Neon Genesis Evangelion: 8/10
* Space Runaway Ideon: 6/10
Turn-A Gundam: 8/10
Victory Gundam: 8/10
Vision of Escaflowne: 9/10
Zeta Gundam: 9/10

* < for things I've not seen all of, but have seen enough of to form a half valid opinion on. And yes i've far too much Gundam as a portion of my Mecha diet. I've really only missed out on a few odds and ends now. It wouldn't matter if you couldn't get the impression from the above list that over half of it wasn't actually worth watching :p Need more Macross methinks...

And i've also seen single episodes of L-Gaim and Big-O. The former is early in the stages of fansubbing (actually, it looks likely it'll splutter and die but may be revived once the group in mind finishes Ideon) and the later just didn't hold my interest.

Also, one other thing:
but there's a few you'll only see on the fandub circuit.
Surely fandubbing is the process of replacing a show's audio, a task extremely rare in the undertaking (I think I heard that someone did this for Prince of Tennis once... or an episode of it at least)?

While I don't think it's the greatest anime series ever, Evangelion is the only series that is classed as Mecha that I can honestly say I really enjoyed.

I liked the Macross Plus soundtracks but not the anime.

Bubblegum Crisis is one of the worst things I've ever seen.

Gundam Seed(I think it was) was just a borefest. I watched about 5 episodes when it was on winamp.

I got to about the mid point of Rahexephon where I just lost interest in the series and didn't bother continuing with it.

Escaflowne... well I don't know... I just couldn't get into it at all. The lead character irritated me as well. The movie soundtrack was good.

Wow, talk about comprehensive! Worth a bookmarking I think. *clicks*

As an aside, has Gasaraki's ADV licence expired or something? I was looking for it last week but it seems to be almost completely out of print.

Wow, thanks for the kind words everyone.

kupoartist said:
Very Impressive... but no Zeta Gundam? Next to First Gundam and Macross, surely Zeta IS Mecha for most people? :p

I left a few series out on the ground I haven't seen enough of them to make a fair comment. It will be updated as soon as I've got my region 1 issues sorted.

kupoartist said:
Surely fandubbing is the process of replacing a show's audio, a task extremely rare in the undertaking (I think I heard that someone did this for Prince of Tennis once... or an episode of it at least)?

Typo, don't hold it against me :)

Back