An Anime Club Night in Bristol!

Shenny

Brigade Leader
Greetings all,

I realise that I might be posting this alittle early, but I need to gather somesort of numbers for an event the BAC is planning towards the January/Febuary area of 2008.

Basically we are planning a J-Pop/Anime theme party, and we basically need rough numbers, and general ideas of what you'd like to see at such an event. So far we have a basic music playlist sorted, some sort of projector + amv's planned, price of entry (with discount if in cosplay) and general on the door/age restriction policies.

More discussion can be found on bristolanime.org.uk and if you need any more info feel free to contact me at michael.hirst[at]gmail.com.

Sank yuu~

I'm only in Swindon so as long as I am not working on night shift or at minami con (end of feb) I would be there with a huge smile on my face and probably in cosplay too.

I have a fair few friends studying uni courses at a swindon college and they're planning to distrobute flyers around the area when the time comes around.

OMFG YES!

Ahem... sounds rather good! I'm down in Somerset so Bristol's not far. And, J-Pop being blasted at full volume = GREAT (I do that in my car, but I get some odd looks...)

Sounds like this will be a good night, just been reading up on it on the Bristol site and there are some great ideas for the night

Ladies and gentlemen we have set an official date for this event, as the 24th of January 2008. There is a facebook group already for the socialites amongst you. This event is open to everyone, whether you're a local or not! Unless we go over our limit we won't be turning people away (unless ofcourse you cause trouble, as we have bouncers, big ones.)

Which can be seen here -
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=8690651207&ref=mf

If you have any questions you can forward them to me at michael.hirst[at]gmail.com

Why do I have to be so far from anywhere!? :cry:

Looks like it's gonna be cool too. Why isn't there a bigger fan base nearer to the Lakes. In any case I hope those of you that can go have a great time.

McIcy said:
All that water is bad for our PC's lol

True, the last time I checked PCs don't float too well...

Brilliant, when I get back home I'm putting myself down for that! Nice to see an anime event in the south west at last.

I need a favour from someone, can somebody either post up the details of this on the forum or send me a PM with them? I'm working away from home and am having difficulty checking up the details - I'm still planning to go but I'm going to have to go straight from where I'm working at the moment to Bristol!

Details:

Date: 24th of January.
Time: 9pm til 2am.
Price: £3 on the door or £2 if in full cosplay.

Also sent you pm dude

McIcy said:
Did anyone make it to this? How was it?
I made it in the end, it was quite good - it certainly makes a change being able to dance to anime and game music without looking like a complete idiot! The people were quite friendly too.

There's going to be another one in May sometime, around the time of the Bristol Manga Expo, so make sure you come to that :p

I was thinking of coming along as it is only 3/4 of an hour or so Pontypridd, but I needed to be up early this morning (first time in ages I needed to as well). Though it sounds like it went well enough for another to be organised. May try and get to the one in May but have a feeling I am away if it is early.

flyerfrontcopy.jpg

cosplayclubnightflyer2copy.jpg

Back