American shows or comics that would be a good anime

sanji no 1

Vampire Ninja
Just recently Batman gothem knight was released on bluray and DVD. Batman started off as a poplur comic made by D.C. Universe in America. Then batman movies and cartoons were made. Then eventually a anime. So what other good american things would make a good anime?

I think Alien vs Predator would make a good anime. Superman would also make a great anime.

Also they should make a anime of Ed edd n eddy. That would be awsome :lol:

sanji no 1 said:
Really? Just.. Really?

If we are talking about things that have no-chance whatsoever of happening. I'd love to see an interpretation of the Marvel Universe. First arc includes Spider-Man in Tokyo and the formation of the Fantastic Four whilst piloting Gundams. Same goes for DC, I guess. ;p

Teen Titans (yes i know essentially they tried to do it, but i mean a proper anime) X-men or Ben 10 too

Still u never know, they made a powerpuff girls one

Screw American stuff, I want anime of British stuff...particularly Sharpe! I mean, come on, Last Exile ALMOST had that Napoleonic stuff going at times....and who wouldn't want to see the anime version of Sean Bean kicking ****. (Seriously, if I was gay Sean Bean would top my list).

Other than that there have been two running jokes I have been making for years:

1. Last of the Summer Wine: Three sake'd up old old men, rolling down a hill in a washtub on wheels....Compo peeking in the local hot-springs and getting a rolling pin over the head every episode....comedy GOLD.

2. Lovejoy...if for no reason other than the fact that mentioning this show makes people laugh. It was bad....so very bad...the Japanese version would probably have mech in it or something.

MrChom said:
Screw American stuff, I want anime of British stuff...particularly Sharpe! I mean, come on, Last Exile ALMOST had that Napoleonic stuff going at times....and who wouldn't want to see the anime version of Sean Bean kicking ****. (Seriously, if I was gay Sean Bean would top my list).

1. Last of the Summer Wine: Three sake'd up old old men, rolling down a hill in a washtub on wheels....Compo peeking in the local hot-springs and getting a rolling pin over the head every episode....comedy GOLD.

2. Lovejoy...if for no reason other than the fact that mentioning this show makes people laugh. It was bad....so very bad...the Japanese version would probably have mech in it or something.

For some reason after reading your post an idea of an anime version of Red Dwarf came into my head :? The really strange thing is i'm not sure it would actually be bad...

BlackWolf said:
MrChom said:

For some reason after reading your post an idea of an anime version of Red Dwarf came into my head :? The really strange thing is i'm not sure it would actually be bad...

The Japanese dub of Red Dwarf is bizarre. Really really bizarre.

Thinking aside the mark a little, I always thought Tolkien's 'The Silmarillion' would really work as an OVA series (where there is no restriction on episode length) possibly the only 'visual' format that could really pull it off.

That old Australian (seen on CITV years ago!) series Spellbinder also struck me as if it would have worked.

Sharpe was a good suggestion, though I am not entirely sure if I can imagine Sharpe and Harper Animefied to be honest! :roll:

Jayme said:
sanji no 1 said:
Really? Just.. Really?

If we are talking about things that have no-chance whatsoever of happening. I'd love to see an interpretation of the Marvel Universe. First arc includes Spider-Man in Tokyo and the formation of the Fantastic Four whilst piloting Gundams. Same goes for DC, I guess. ;p
Cartoon network is releasing a mmorpg for all of thier shows as one big world, well they had some art work in manga style...it really doesn't look good. i'll try dig it ouy.

chaos said:
dungeons and dragons and then have a proper ending to that =)

The original cartoon had a propper ending, it's just that it was cancelled before they made it. The writer had the script for it posted on his website at one point, but the site isn't there anymore. :(

The series i'd like to see as an anime is Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Just imagine the deamons and stuff that would come out of those warpped Japanese minds. :D

They'd probably make the monsters that creepy that it would end up as an adult series though.

Tasker said:
chaos said:
dungeons and dragons and then have a proper ending to that =)

The original cartoon had a propper ending, it's just that it was cancelled before they made it. The writer had the script for it posted on his website at one point, but the site isn't there anymore. :(

The series i'd like to see as an anime is Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Just imagine the deamons and stuff that would come out of those warpped Japanese minds. :D

They'd probably make the monsters that creepy that it would end up as an adult series though.

There was a Buffy cartoon planned at one point. Concept sketches, a sample piece of pilot...but the show was canned before it got anywhere...someone must have realised that with all the complaints about violence on kids TV a young girl going round STABBING THINGS WITH A WOODEN STAKE was probably not a great bit of advertising for the network.

MrChom said:
There was a Buffy cartoon planned at one point. Concept sketches, a sample piece of pilot...but the show was canned before it got anywhere...

yeah I knew about that, looked like it could have been ok too. It was going to be a retelling, starting at the beginning but based on the altered history that included Dawn.

MrChom said:
...someone must have realised that with all the complaints about violence on kids TV a young girl going round STABBING THINGS WITH A WOODEN STAKE was probably not a great bit of advertising for the network.

As opposed to the nice sensible non-violent cartons that were already out you mean? :p

Tasker said:
MrChom said:
There was a Buffy cartoon planned at one point. Concept sketches, a sample piece of pilot...but the show was canned before it got anywhere...

yeah I knew about that, looked like it could have been ok too. It was going to be a retelling, starting at the beginning but based on the altered history that included Dawn.

MrChom said:
...someone must have realised that with all the complaints about violence on kids TV a young girl going round STABBING THINGS WITH A WOODEN STAKE was probably not a great bit of advertising for the network.

As opposed to the nice sensible non-violent cartons that were already out you mean? :p

Networks seem to have no problem with violence that has no consequences (see Tom and Jerry, Wile E. Coyote etc.) but Buffy has ALWAYS had consequences. People die (bad), get sent to "hellish dimensions (bad), go insane (very bad), become Lesbians (American Networks balking at this point), and worse still SMOKE.

Any time you have that consequential violence in a cartoon US networks get very very concerned, and start backing out.

BlackWolf said:
All this talk of Buffy reminded me of another...Firefly, that would be awesome as an anime

**** the anime and just give us another live action series set before or after Serenity i don't care, i need more Firefly!!!!!

Back