Amecon to run 13th - 15th August 2010

chaos

The Boss
Forum user GracieLizzie noticed that the dates and venue for Amecon 2010 have been announced at their <a href="http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&gid=4750450585">facebook group.</a>

"AmeCon will be running on the 13th - 15th August at the Keele University (http://www.keele-conference.com/conferences.htm) in Staffordshire. So book the dates!

This information will be mirrored on the website as soon as our new layout is complete. Registration information and opening dates will be announced at a later date."

I should be going to Amecon this year, it's a shame they wont be in Leicester again, but Keele is a more appropriate location for Amecon.

Am interested more in what guests they'll be announcing this year to be honest.

Fudce said:
I should be going to Amecon this year, it's a shame they wont be in Leicester again, but Keele is a more appropriate location for Amecon.

I notice your italics, but I don't get what you are trying to suggest.

Fudce said:

Pub quiz winning team reunion? I'm pretty sure Monster wold go if he have time (and money) :D

chaos said:
Fudce said:

Pub quiz winning team reunion? I'm pretty sure Monster wold go if he have time (and money) :D

As in the winning team rather than the Anime UK News team that lost to us? :p

Fudce said:
chaos said:
Fudce said:

But what is the link between Keele & Ame that you referred to earlier?

Mutsumi said:
But what is the link between Keele & Ame that you referred to earlier?
They both have watery connections. A keel is something on a ship, ships go in water, ame is Japanese for rain, rain is wet.

Fudce said:
chaos said:
Fudce said:

? What? The three of us were in the team that won the name that tune and the pub quiz at Aya...

chaos said:
Fudce said:
chaos said:
Fudce said:

? What? The three of us were in the team that won the name that tune and the pub quiz at Aya...

We were, but there was another team (was it AnimeUKNews or UKAnime? I forget) that was leading the entire pub quiz, only for us to take from beh... overtake them in the very final round.

But yeah, we totally rocked the Name That Tune :)

Back