Amecon Round Up

beez_andrew said:
When I commented on boxsets - I was speaking more generally :). I meant some series like Red Garden for ADV or Fantastic Children for us didn't - not every boxset ^^;.
I've seem Fantastic children and I though it was really good... It had an artstyle that seems new and vintage at the same time... and the story is absurdly good.

Akaten said:
Shame there wasn't anything on Wings of Honneamise, ideally in seperate blu ray (I can only imagine how good this looks) and dvd releases unlike the Bandai Visual version, oh well fingers crossed eh.
Err, If I heard all right, it's in the process of licensing.
I remember certain bluray commens, but I can't say which were the possible titles.

Hey MrChom, you were there as well? should have meetup with us - the quizz was fun, very difficult, but fun =)

chaos said:
Hey MrChom, you were there as well? should have meetup with us - the quizz was fun, very difficult, but fun =)

I was busy munching through pizza at the time the quiz was on, then retreated to my room because the night before certain..... "revellers" had decided they wanted to party hardy into the night in the middle of opal court....every time I got close to sleep a new lot would march in.

Ayacon next year? Earplugs.

MrChom said:
chaos said:

I was busy munching through pizza at the time the quiz was on, then retreated to my room because the night before certain..... "revellers" had decided they wanted to party hardy into the night in the middle of opal court....every time I got close to sleep a new lot would march in.

Ayacon next year? Earplugs.
hehe, I was able to sleep with the windows opened, so tired I were... but, yeah, people kept screaming at the court and the concert also didn't help...

Sy said:
RetroRainbow said:
Something like Death Note was perfect; showed casual anime watchers that anime isn't all random fighting and girly transformations...
And now thanks to Death Note you can add Yoai pairings to that list.

Most Daath Note fans seem to be female and to be frank they don't really give two monkeys about the complex story and commentary. They just like the idea of L and Light being in love or at least making out. Hiring two miscast pretty boys for the live action movies didn't really help.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who actually realizes this.

No one really picked up on Stranger and Romeo x Juliet coming over. I haven't seen either fully, so I'll definately be getting 'em. Although, I may wait for a eventual BD release of Stranger because its a style over substance type of movie that would benefit from it. I watched the first four or so episodes of RxJ last year, It was a interesting one, to say the least.

RxJ has a Gonzo ending. No doubt.

..Just remembered that RxJ is a FUNi license, so its interesting that it went to MVM. After Revelations fantastic start, MVM are slowly taking back what was theirs.

Jayme said:
..Just remembered that RxJ is a FUNi license, so its interesting that it went to MVM. After Revelations fantastic start, MVM are slowly taking back what was theirs.

On the contrary, MVM have a pre-existing relationship directly with Gonzo, so when they lost the Funimation titles, it was with the exception of the Gonzo shows. So the last year has seen Trinity Blood, Black Cat, Basilisk, Speed Grapher, all released through MVM, the new titles are just the status quo.

Just Passing Through said:
Jayme said:

On the contrary, MVM have a pre-existing relationship directly with Gonzo
Missery loves company, I guess.

Hey Chaos and Hopeful, goo to meet up with you during the con, I agree with Chaos the quiz was insanely hard, no wonder we resorted to cheating (god blass mobile internet and wikipedia).

Chaos can you post or send me the pic of me in cosplay as I forgot to take one myself.

Soooo glad I didn't spend too much on anime/manga and gundams this time, I will have to take my mate Paul with me in future it saved me a small fortune

Nah, it was Bandai Channel, an iPlayer like service. They're looking at both streaming and download, also looking at a few price points....basically a whole bunch of "wait and see".

MrChom said:
Nah, it was Bandai Channel, an iPlayer like service. They're looking at both streaming and download, also looking at a few price points....basically a whole bunch of "wait and see".
You forget the "never got told ****" part of that statment.

Conan-san said:
MrChom said:
You forget the "never got told ****" part of that statment.

Now I think that's unfair. We got told the system is already done for Japan, we were told alpha testing was done, we KNOW what's probably going to be licenced on there (due to the Beez/Bandai/Namco/Bandai-Namco/Namco-Bandai internal company relationship...I'll let Andrew sort that mess out), and we were told to expect forthcoming announcements.

Frankly the announcement that it was coming at all surprised me.

McIcy said:
Hey Chaos and Hopeful, goo to meet up with you during the con, I agree with Chaos the quiz was insanely hard, no wonder we resorted to cheating (god blass mobile internet and wikipedia).

Chaos can you post or send me the pic of me in cosplay as I forgot to take one myself.

Soooo glad I didn't spend too much on anime/manga and gundams this time, I will have to take my mate Paul with me in future it saved me a small fortune
sorry I forgot to send it earlier :) will email them to you now.

Back