AmeCon '06

I'm not fond of large spaced out conventions on university campuses, to attend I shall not. Plus, they rarely ever acknowledged or even replied to my emails before the last one, so I sold my membership to a friend.

I really enjoyed Aya this year so if it promises to be as good, i'll definitely look into it. however i've heard some less-than-encouraging stories about how membership issues were handled so i'll probably wait and see. that and see how many friends i can talk into going!

I was really looking forward to going (and seeing Monica Rial) but I couldn't be bothered with all the membership stuff on the site + it's like £40 to join...

If I'm honest, I was a little intimidated by the admin side of things. Is it not possible to just turn up on the day, pay the entrance fee, go in (meet Monica Rial) and then not have to worry about membership? If it is, I really would like to go and check it (and Monica Rial) out.

Yeah, it is £40 to join, but it includes accomodation too which is fairly cheap.

I think you have to register to go, I don't think you can turn up on the day and pay the entrance fee to get in. That sucks because I don't really need accomodation.

Oh, Monica Rial is going to be there? Coolies I didn't know that

Yeah, according to the website the accomodation is all full up anyway...

So it'll cost me the membership of £40, the train fare up there from London + accomodation and then spending money - I'm looking at 100+ at least... That's a shame because I wanted to see Monica - I'd rather save for a long time and go to a big convention in the states to see her.

Accomodation was £50 a night last time I believe, & with no room sharing allowed, that was £50 each! Most expensive convention I've seen.

Anonymous said:
no way does it include for accomodation, its costs alot including accomodation
Oh, thanks for telling me, I better tell my friend because she did thought it included accomodation.

Mutsumi said:
Accomodation was £50 a night last time I believe, & with no room sharing allowed, that was £50 each! Most expensive convention I've seen
Oh dear, now that is expensive especially with no room sharing allowed. I think I should not stay in an accomodation, anyway at least I live in the West Midlands which is not too far from Leciester. The train tickets hopefully will be not too expensive for me since I got a railcard.

Yes im all signed up an waiting to go (for months now). Although I have been on the pending list for what feels like a life time. I wonder when they will get around to actually sorting members out so we can sort other things out like accomodation *sigh* Heres hoping it will be a great con :D

I'm off to amecon! >=D Forget Monica Rial, I'M there! Bask in my glory! BASK IN IT!!!

o_O

Unfortunatly I did not do an awesome voice in Excel Saga. >_> <_< You win this time, Rial, you win this time!!!!

And I'm hoping I can get away with room sharing because otherwise I don't know what my brother's gonna do for accomodation :0

And I'm hoping I can get away with room sharing because otherwise I don't know what my brother's gonna do for accomodation
I very much doubt you will due health an safety an fire reasons I believe? But if he is small enough you could hide him in a big bag... they will never know :lol:

Back