Amazon upholding £199.99 Wii U preorders

Joshawott

Monsieur Monster
AUKN Staff
Remember back in June when I pre-ordered the Wii U for £199.99, only for it to be cancelled?

On 13th September, the official price and release date for the Wii U was unveiled and Amazon made an error again - they put the premium bundle up for £199.99 for 2 minutes. People who ordered in that time were told that the pre order price guarantee would stay, so several June orderers weren't happy and contacted Amazon.

It seems like a luck of a draw of which customer service rep you end up speaking to (as first time I emailed them, I got told "No"), but some of them are willing to give you the Wii U Premium Edition for £199.99 - a £100 reduction on the standard retail price, as long as you pre-ordered the console at that price at some point. The only requirement seems to be that you must also have a current Wii U preorder for them to adjust.

So yeah, Amazon rule.

Taylor said:
Quick question about the Wii U, has a new super smash been unveiled?

It's coming, both on 3DS and WiiU. Namco Bandai are handling the development for it.

Great to hear that they're honouring the June preorders as well!

If it's anything like the last Smash game they'll be teasing it and releasing drips of info for liek 2 more years before we actually get to play it... and even then it'll be out 6 months in the US before here...

Super Smash Bros. 4 only just entered development this March, following the release of Kid Icarus: Uprising. Apparently, the core system has been completed, but there's still a long way to go. So I wouldn't count on seeing it until 2014.

And yeah, it's for the 3DS and Wii U and is being co-developed by Namco Bandai; although Sakurai is still the top dog.

Joshawott said:
Remember back in June when I pre-ordered the Wii U for £199.99, only for it to be cancelled?

On 13th September, the official price and release date for the Wii U was unveiled and Amazon made an error again - they put the premium bundle up for £199.99 for 2 minutes. People who ordered in that time were told that the pre order price guarantee would stay, so several June orderers weren't happy and contacted Amazon.

It seems like a luck of a draw of which customer service rep you end up speaking to (as first time I emailed them, I got told "No"), but some of them are willing to give you the Wii U Premium Edition for £199.99 - a £100 reduction on the standard retail price, as long as you pre-ordered the console at that price at some point. The only requirement seems to be that you must also have a current Wii U preorder for them to adjust.

So yeah, Amazon rule.

Do you have any sources for this? I've been googling for it to no avail. I pre-ordered back in June, and I want to have the full info before I email them.

Mutsumi said:
Joshawott said:

So yeah, Amazon rule.

Do you have any sources for this? I've been googling for it to no avail. I pre-ordered back in June, and I want to have the full info before I email them.
Well, I have an email in my inbox from a customer service rep about changing my price back to the preorder one (my new preorder for the Wii U was adjusted to be that price). Here's the link I sent them though: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=491170&page=21

EDIT: According to later posts in the thread though, Amazon are starting to crack down on it by refusing to fulfill any more...weird. Guess it's still worth a try though? This'll probably cost them a fortune though.

It seems to depend on the mood of the customer rep apparently, some people have still gotten it! It's worth giving it a go I reckon. It's because I was refreshing that NeoGAF thread constantly that I was able to get the £199 deal last week!

Ath said:
It seems to depend on the mood of the customer rep apparently, some people have still gotten it! It's worth giving it a go I reckon. It's because I was refreshing that NeoGAF thread constantly that I was able to get the £199 deal last week!
Yup. First time I was told "No", then I emailed them again with both my old order number and a link to the NeoGaf thread, asking them why I should be any different, then they said they would let me have that price as a special exception.

Mine's dispatching soon! Card's been charged and I've activated my Amazon prime free trial for expedited delivery. Used a load of gift vouchers to get it down to £112.49 as well (thank you old uni textbooks!).

Mine's now dispatched, Amazon say it'll come tomorrow! It's HDNL though, they haven't screwed up anything for me yet, but I have heard the horror stories. Hopefully everything goes OK.

Oddly, I was kinda expecting it to be missing. Amazon customer service told me in September it would no longer be included. :/ I'll still try my luck, since the box says it should be there.

Amazon are sending me a free copy of the game to make up for it, which is really cool of them. Nintendo screwed up somewhere when putting some of the packs together, plenty of others have got Nintendoland in their bundle just fine. We'll see how widespread the issue is in the coming days and whether it only affects Amazon.

Otherwise, I've just set it up and am doing the huge system update now :p

Back