Amazing Facts

Outlawstar

Thousand Master
I thought this was a fun idea for a topic.
If you know any weird or amazing facts about anything post them here.
For instance,did you know that the blocks that make the pyramids are cut so finely that paper cant be slipped between two,without cement or any kind of adhesive.[/b]

The Peanut is not a nut, it is a lagoon.

In the weightlessness of space a frozen pea will explode if it comes in contact with Pepsi.

Legislation passed during WWI making it illegal to say "gesundheit" to a sneezer was never repealed.

Replying more than 100 times to the same piece of spam e-mail will overwhelm the sender's system and interfere with their ability to send any more spam. (Handy!)

Approximately one-sixth of your life is spent on Wednesdays.

You can actually sharpen the blades on a pencil sharpener by wrapping your pencils in aluminum foil before inserting them.

A dog's naked behind leaves absolutely no bacteria when pressed against carpet.

Every Labrador retriever dreams about bananas.

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!

Mini-Mariah said:
In the weightlessness of space a frozen pea will explode if it comes in contact with Pepsi.
Counter-amazing fact: - in space you're not actually weightless!! :p

Also, rolling dice contributes towards the heat-death of the universe. Darn those roleplayers... :wink:

A rat can last longer without water than a camel

A female ferret will die if it goes into heat and cannot find a mate.

Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying

Sherlock Holmes NEVER said, "Elementary, my dear Watson."

The very first bomb dropped by the Allies on Berlin in World War II killed the only elephant in the Berlin Zoo.

If one places a tiny amount of liquor on a scorpion, it will
instantly go mad and sting itself to death. (Who was the sadist who
discovered this??)

ONE FOR PARTIES - A raisin dropped in a glass of fresh champagne will bounce up and down continuously from the bottom of the glass to the top

Roses may be red, but violets are indeed violet

McIcy said:
The Guinness Book of Records holds the record for being the book
most often stolen from public libraries

Thats marvellous, knowing that some dude called Joe in my school, skanked 2 copies of it from the library when we were in year 10 :lol:

Guinness know their facts alright.

# The increased electricity used by modern appliances is causing a shift in the Earth's magnetic field. By the year 2327, the North Pole will be located in mid-Kansas, while the South Pole will be just off the coast of East Africa.

# The idea for "tribbles" in "Star Trek" came from gerbils, since some gerbils are actually born pregnant.

#The first McDonald's restaurant opened for business in 1952 in Edinburgh, Scotland, and featured the McHaggis sandwich.

#In WWII the US military planned to airdrop over France propaganda in the form of Playboy magazine, with coded messages hidden in the models' turn-ons and turn-offs. The plan was scrapped because of a staple shortage due to rationing of metal.

And my favorite

#Coca-Cola was the favored drink of Pharaoh Ramses. An inscription found in his tomb, when translated, was found to be almost identical to the recipe used today.

Here we go:

- It's impossible to kill yourself by holding your breath.

- Right handed people, on average, live 9 years longer than lefties.

- Adolf Hitler had only 1 testicle.

- The worlds oldest piece of chewign gum is 9,000 years old.

- Coca-Cola would be green, if coloring were not added.

- Earth is the only planet not named after a God.

only got one, not really amazing but there ya go:

4 is the only number that has the same number of letters as its numerical value

#In WWII the US military planned to airdrop over France propaganda in the form of Playboy magazine, with coded messages hidden in the models' turn-ons and turn-offs. The plan was scrapped because of a staple shortage due to rationing of metal.
That cant be right Playboy wasn't even around in WWII it was founded in 1953. Does this mean that there was some other girly mag called playboy around before hugh's? :shock: Or that your amazing fact is just a lie!

Some species of frogs have been known to change sex completely when exposed to single sex environments.

Kudos to anyone who can tell me the movie where I picked this up from.

Mini-Mariah said:

The Brazil Nut isn't a nut either

Hyaku said:
Some species of frogs have been known to change sex completely when exposed to single sex environments.

Jurassic Park, Sam Neils character explains it to the kids when they find the first set of eggs

McIcy said:
Mini-Mariah said:

The Brazil Nut isn't a nut either

Hyaku said:

Jurassic Park, Sam Neils character explains it to the kids when they find the first set of eggs

Yahtzee!

Bravo sir :p

McIcy said:
Hyaku said:

Gah, beat me to it.
Interestingly enough, certain species of sea snake do this too.
And the creature with the most toxic poison ever discovered is a type of shellfish.

Back