Am I Actually the Strongest? Volume 1 Review

So vertical would rather put out something so generic and possibly cancelled, than continue on with established series by nisioisin. Lazy I think.

So vertical would rather put out something so generic and possibly cancelled, than continue on with established series by nisioisin. Lazy I think.

It is worth knowing / remembering that between Vertical halting the Monogatari etc stuff, they did get condensed into Kodansha who clearly have a completely different goal in mind for the LN brand. Nisioisin stuff outside of Monogatari is a slightly difference auidence and presumably doesn't sell very well or they'd have continued on with it.

As an avid fan of the author myself, I am not happy with how things have gone down there either, but I'm willing to let them off the hook a little bit for the fact they are almost certainly a very different department to who they were then.

Last edited:
It is worth knowing / remembering that between Vertical halting the Monogatari etc stuff, they did get condensed into Kodansha who clearly have a completely different goal in mind for the LN brand. Nisioisin stuff outside of Monogatari is a slightly difference auidence and presumably doesn't sell very well or they'd have continued on with it.

As an avid fan of the author myself, I am not happy with how things have gone down there either, but I'm willing to let them off the hook a little bit for the fact they are almost certainly a very different department to who they were then.
I didn't know this. I just thought it was mainly the lack of anime of further books. If the companies ethos has changed it will affect their output.

Back