Akira Streamline Dub

Hmm, I'm pretty sure all the UK DVD releases just have the newer dub I'm afraid. There have been quite a few versions, so someone else might know differently, but I think you'd probably have to go back to the VHS to get the streamline dub.

All the recent releases have had the newer dub on it, that being said there is a DVD out there with the original dub and the new dub. It was a double set released back in the very early 2000's dubbed as the 'Ultimate Collection'.

I can't be 100% sure but I think this is it.

^ I *think* that's right. I have that set but I've never actually watched the second disc because it has a 4:3 aspect ratio and I prefer watching subbed.

Yes I can confirm that is the one (though I like the Streamline dub, that's the Johnny Yong Bosch one right? I think the Cam Clarke one is just awful...)

The streamline dub has its own disc, with a new less-cool cover, while the original dub are both on the first disc with the iconic "Kaneda walking towards his bike" cover. The original dub also has a making of doc, not on the other disc.

Also worth noting that the Streamline version is re-mastered with much crisper lines and brighter colours.

I know the new dub is better but I like the old dub. Its the first way I ever saw the film and it stuck in my head like that.

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Yes I can confirm that is the one (though I like the Streamline dub, that's the Johnny Yong Bosch one right? I think the Cam Clarke one is just awful...)

The streamline dub has its own disc, with a new less-cool cover, while the original dub are both on the first disc with the iconic "Kaneda walking towards his bike" cover. The original dub also has a making of doc, not on the other disc.

Also worth noting that the Streamline version is re-mastered with much crisper lines and brighter colours.
You're confusing things a lot there. The Streamline dub is the 1989 Cam Clarke one, the JYB dub is the 2001 Pioneer/Animaze version. And it's the newer Pioneer dub which has the remastered 16:9 picture in that set, not the Streamline version.

ayase said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:

You're confusing things a lot there. The Streamline dub is the 1989 Cam Clarke one, the JYB dub is the 2001 Pioneer/Animaze version. And it's the newer Pioneer dub which has the remastered 16:9 picture in that set, not the Streamline version.

Huh, well then I was the one who was confused lol. substitute all my references to streamline with pioneer then =P

Back