AKIRA receives UK cinema screenings this July

devilrules666

Combat Butler
Having already enjoyed an airing at the recent Anime All-Nighter and with a DVD and Blu-Ray release all set for the 27th of June, Manga Entertainment's High Definition remaster of the seminal anime movie AKIRA is due to hit the road this July via a number of theatrical screenings of the film.

Following the movie's June screening at London's Barbican, the following UK screening dates for the film have now been confirmed:

Saturday, 2nd July:
Oxford Picturehouse

Monday, 4th July:
Aberdeen Picturehouse
Exeter Picturehouse
York Picturehouse
Norwich Picturehouse

Thursday, 7th July:
Stratford East

Tuesday, 12th July:
FACT, Liverpool

Monday, 18th July:
Ritzy Picturehouse, Brixton

Friday, 22nd July:
The Folly Project, Hackney Wick

Online booking for all Picturehouse cinema screenings should be available nearer the time via their official web site.

http://www.uk-anime.net/newsitem/AKIRA_ ... _July.html

Damnit, none of those places are near me, my exams will be done by then but I can't think of anyone who would go see it with me anyway, absolutely no South West lovin' :(

Akira was actually on at the GFT for the Scotland Loves Anime event last year (albeit just one midnight showing). I fear we might not get it again for quite a while :(

megagold5 said:
I am liking the sudden Norwich-love from Manga. :D

I second that!

I'm a member of picture houses and cinema city is one of my favourite places to go for films. This is going to be awesome!

Doraemon666 said:
ah no glasgow dates,i would love to see Akira on the big screen.

Your wish may be granted then ;)!

There'll also be Scotland Loves Anime at the start of October again too which'll bring you a host of screenings before anywhere else in the UK too...

Andrew

beez_andrew said:
Doraemon666 said:
ah no glasgow dates,i would love to see Akira on the big screen.

Your wish may be granted then ;)!

There'll also be Scotland Loves Anime at the start of October again too which'll bring you a host of screenings before anywhere else in the UK too...

Andrew
That is amazing news,thanks for the info. :D

Churchy99 said:
megagold5 said:

I second that!

I'm a member of picture houses and cinema city is one of my favourite places to go for films. This is going to be awesome!

I'v never been to Cinema City, shall be trying it this sat for Yu-Gi-Oh 3D though.

megagold5 said:
Churchy99 said:
megagold5 said:

I second that!

I'v never been to Cinema City, shall be trying it this sat for Yu-Gi-Oh 3D though.

Unfortunately I can't make it for Yugioh (I am a fan though) but there's no way I'm missing Akira!

Back