Airsoft

McIcy

Mushi-shi
Anyone on here ever tried Airsoft before or go regularly?

I have been a few times and love it, and am now gonna turn it into my hobby and keep fit routine (its more fun than going to the gym, although it will cut into my anime/manga fund).

For those of you who don't know what Airsoft is:
Airsoft is a distant relation of paintball. Airsoft games are played in and around buildings and in outdoor areas, with the object of defeating an opposing team.

Instead of messy paintballs, the guns use small plastic pellets, most often weighing a fifth of a gram. The guns look very realistic, replicating their real life counterparts. Hence machine guns fire many pellets a second, shotguns fire many at once, and sniper guns fire slowly but with more accuracy. Being hit stings a little, but causes no lasting pain.

The hobby started off in Japan, and is perfectly legal in the UK. As with all replica weapons, care and respect must be given at all times. For example, they should be out of public sight during transport, and never fired at animals or non-consenting people.

There are sites all over the country and if you haven't tried it I recommend it to you, its a lot more fun than paintball, hurts less and there are a wider variety of weapons, from pistols to machine guns to granade launchers and sniper rifles.

I just bought my own kit, MP5 submachine gun and cammo gear and I am saving up for a pistol too.

So does anyone else play this or have been, would love to know what you think of the sport, if you have any recommendations of kit to buy or if you are a member of any Airsoft Teams as would love to form my own one.

Sounds interesting but whats more fun shooting an opponent with a fifth of a gram of plastic or shooting them with a small pellet full of paint that is likely to sting if shot at vulnerable parts of the body, I'd go for paint Ball

Well in the time it takes you to fire one paint ball I can fine a about 100rounds of those pellets and believe me where paint balls bruise, pellets cut and believe me if you get hit in the face, hands or bare skin it still stings. Last time I went I got shot in the face by a sniper that cut my face.

Also unlike paintball where if your shot its game over and you have to sit out and wait for your next turn, airsoft is a skirmish game meaning you respawn like in Counterstrike so you keep playing

Back