Advice Needed !!!

Pomtry

Combat Butler
I want to go to a convention sometime next year but I dont have a clue which one. I have never been to a convention before so it would be a bit awkward if I just whent to a convention I new nothing about. So id like to here some suggestions and advice about which cons to go to and anything else that you can tell me. :D

I went to my first con this year at Minami con which is a small one compared to others run around the year. I had a blast the smallness of it makes it feel more friendly and you just find yourself chatting to people all the time especially when you are queuing for the sales (thats howe I net Sonia Leong from this site).

Just turn up to a con and wander around, there is nothing to worry about as you won't be the only noob there, as soon as you arrive you'll get a guide to the con so look through it and figure out what you wanna see or do and then off you go.

The first con I went to was MCM, it was a bit strange at first what with complete strangers offering hugs. If you avoid them you should be OK, the next one is in about a few months in Telford

Berserker said:
complete strangers offering hugs.

I still am clueless as to why they do it, do anybody know? and also, is it only Anime conventions they do it at?

My next one in JapanEX, on the 22nd; after going paint balling on the 21 :), then after that i have the MCM one again in October, YAY!

Trueth be told I think ame con wojld be the best one to go to as a noob, only speaking from expirence. Ame con 04 was my first con and made friends with random people at the trainstation.

Ame a great mix of anime,japanese culture and social events.
They've several video rooms showing anime of all genre, an absoluty mega dealers room, bring and by amoungst amv disco and jpop-rock parties and because it's friday to sunday night you've three days of awesomeness.

Some people are limited by where they live or expenses when it comes to going to an anime con.

Look around for your local convention and head to it or seek out the next one going or whatever one you choose and get to that. It's all fun for anime fans.

By the way, people like Berserker, do you consider trade events to be anime conventions?

Anime conventions in my eyes are events run by fans for the sake of fans, not profit. Trade events usually utilise a fanbase of a particular niche and run events to attract people and profit.

That isn't to say such events aren't fun. Cosplay competitions and meeting voice actors are just universal awesome fun.

Look around for your local convention and head to it or seek out the next one going or whatever one you choose and get to that. It's all fun for anime fans.

By the way, people like Berserker, do you consider trade events to be anime conventions?

The nearest convention is miles away :lol:

I dont realy see trade events as anime conventions but it is still something i would check out just for some cheap goodies :D

Thanks for the advice I was hopeing to go to japanex but sadly I was at an amusement park while it was on :( But next year im going to go to as many conventions as possible

Back