Advent children

I enjoyed this film. I try to enjoy things for what they are. Ok it's like "What is the goal here? What were the film makers trying to achieve?" but if I thought too much about things I wouldn't enjoy them and that makes life too negative.

The action sequences are great. The CG is stunning. Tifa is gorgeous. At least someone in this movie looked asian and they made it the right person. Yeowzer!

I'm happy with that.

If you consider those questions - "What is the goal here? What were the film makers trying to achieve?" - the answers are fairly obvious. It was about creating a sequel for the fans of the game, thus using plenty of 'fanservice' (extended fight scenes, character cameos) and concluding, more or less, the story of the games' main character, Cloud Strife. It achieves all of these aims brilliantly. Critising FFVII for not being independent from it's source matieral, or relying too much on seemingly cheap attempts to appeal strictly to fans is unfair because FFVII was not trying to avoid either of those things. It's like criticising Titanic because it didn't have enough action sequences.

CitizenGeek said:
Your hatred for Advent Children is so ridiculously over-the-top that it's glaringly obvious that you dislike it for reasons beyond it's actual quality.
Sorry, I have to quote this, considering that you've just resurrected a long dead thread to argue with... something or rather. Ergo:

Your love for Advent Children is so ridiculously over-the-top that it's glaringly obvious that you love it for reasons beyond it's actual quality.

Zing.

"If you don't like what I like, then you're obviously a troll or an idiot. Take your illogical FFVII hatred, shove it up your **** and twist it until your eyes water."

I don't understand the Final Fantasy VII hate I mean, like... it basically MADE:

Yu-Gi-Oh
DragonForce
Code Geass
Most J-rock
Tetsuya Nomura's career

Seriously.

EDIT: Could've sworn CitizenGeek had a post at the top of this page, nhm.

kupocake said:
That's a pretty bold claim, and it's utterly irrelevant, since it's Advent Childred/i] we're yittering about anyway.

Children*

We're not talking about Indians - we're talking about a **** movie with more aimless sword swinging and cameos than is good.

Back