Advent children

I remember getting this, saw in the shop, got all excited, i'd heard the hype and since i was sure of my knowlege of the FF7 storyline, i bought it. Later though when i watched it some (if not all) of that excitment faded. The visuals were awesome, the music was superb, just the storyline i felt let down by. I felt personally that they should of highlighted more then just the TifaXCloud relationship, and given more screen time to the rest of the cast. Having said that though i still think that the only reason Vincent was featured more prominently was because of the game he had coming out at the time.

I know of the massive agruments that this topic tends to cause though so i'll just sum up by saying i thought it was okay, about an 7-8 in my books.

On the subject of the 'revival' games that came out, i'm not against the idea of seeing what happened to the characters after, another game would of been nice as long as it didn't retread the same ground that 7 did.

I still wish they would pay some attention to VIII though... :cry: *sigh* ah well what can you do

I believe CG would agree with you... and I also beleive there is another FF AC thread somewhere around here as well...

Edit: they beat me at posting :p

New FF crisis core out soon (for the psp)

Looks really good for a psp game, and both FF films were great.
Vincent valentine is the coolest by far.

I enjoyed Advent Children a lot despite not liking movies in general. Or possibly because I don't like movies in general. I think that as with many things what you get out of it comes from your expectations too (I didn't start watching with the assumption it would be the best blockbuster film ever and was therefore not disappointed in the slightest).

R

Rui said:
I enjoyed Advent Children a lot despite not liking movies in general. Or possibly because I don't like movies in general. I think that as with many things what you get out of it comes from your expectations too (I didn't start watching with the assumption it would be the best blockbuster film ever and was therefore not disappointed in the slightest).

R

Rui, i swear you don't own i tv?
d'you watch most things on your computer?

Tachi-: I don't watch anything on my computer. I have masses of DVDs and a TV which doesn't receive a TV signal (so I don't have to pay the TV licence or have a clue what's going on in the latest shows, making me very uncool in any social gathering due to the time lapse!).

I'm a stereotypical nerd who never really goes out except to work which saves tons of money to spend on DVDs instead of partying :)

R

Rui said:
Tachi-: I don't watch anything on my computer. I have masses of DVDs and a TV which doesn't receive a TV signal (so I don't have to pay the TV licence or have a clue what's going on in the latest shows, making me very uncool in any social gathering due to the time lapse!).

I'm a stereotypical nerd who never really goes out except to work which saves tons of money to spend on DVDs instead of partying :)

R
I think you and I are related or something...my situation's exactly the same, right down to the "I can't be bothered with the expense of a TV licence." Basically, DVDs, rent and food take priority over whatever garbage is showing on TV. I can read the news online anyway!

Back o/t, Spirits Within was a decent film in terms of entertainment (although the eco-fable theme is a bit cliched) and Advent Children was fantastic eye candy. Sadly I haven't played any of the games so what little storyline and characterisation there was went completely over my head.

Yeah, I don't own a games console either. Seriously!

Rui said:

R
Question, where did you get a TV that does not receive signal? and how come you got away with a computer? I know it's a lame excuse from the tv licensing people, but I heard of people getting fined because they had computers, even if they did not have a tv...

chaos said:
Question, where did you get a TV that does not receive signal? and how come you got away with a computer? I know it's a lame excuse from the tv licensing people, but I heard of people getting fined because they had computers, even if they did not have a tv...

None of my computers can receive live TV signals. My TV technically can but has no aerial plugged in and has all the channels tuned out, which gets you off the hook. The TV Licencing people don't like people doing it as they don't get their money but it's completely allowed! I wrote to them telling them what I was doing and they sent me confirmation it was all ok but they had the right to come and harass me to check (they never have).

Their wording makes it sound like even buying a TV you don't use means you need a licence but it's really only if you use it to receive live television broadcasts. If I watched live shows on my computer I'd technically be breaking the rules and have to pay, which I suppose would happen if I used iPlayer to watch a live event or something...fortunately I've never wanted to!

R

I watched it again recently and learned to dislike it in new ways. To actually add something new instead of the tired of criticism 'yeah basically, everything from the name onwards is utterly ridiculous', I must say that I'm looking forward to the day that Square-Enix realise that their crowd scenes cause seasickness. 1000 clone people swaying violently in one of only two animation cycles. It's like watching the people at the front of a Prog-Rock gig.

Rui said:

R

Ahh, now i understand :p
Yeah i noticed that the older people get the need to watch TV deceases.
the TV licence dept are rip off merchants

Back