ADV US snap up second season of Ah! My Goddess

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
ADV US have confirmed their acquisition of the second season of romantic-drama "Ah! My Goddess".

The first (26 episodes) series was released in the US by Media Blasters (and to be released in the UK during 2007 by MVM) but they declined to the opportunity to release the following season due to less than anticipated sales.

Sweet that has made me smile today, I really enjoyed the first series it always managed to put a smile on my face, I really loved the movie at the end too.

I've seen some of the 2nd season and hope we get to see more of the motor club in it as they crack me up

A!MG TV being a poor sell can be put down to one thing.

The poor voice direction and casting.

Seriously, as far as Sora was concerned, it was as if they wern't trying.

Conan-san said:

Actually AMG TV sold very well, just not enough to cover the high licensing fees Media Blasters initially paid for hence why ADV ended up outbidding them.

Area88 said:
Conan-san said:

Actually AMG TV sold very well, just not enough to cover the high licensing fees Media Blasters initially paid for hence why ADV ended up outbidding them.
Not quite true. Media Blasters had an option on AMG series 2 (ie they had an open choice to licence it if they wished completely outside of any other bids) but elected not to take it after relatively poor sales of series 1. That left it open for other companies to step in and bid for it, which is where ADV came in.

Back