ADV UK July releases

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
ADV UK have sent out their <a href="http://www.animeuknews.net/viewpress.php?showarticle=45">July press releases</a>, confirming UK series debuts for Aquarian Age and Mezzo DSA as well as an English dub-only box-set release of Sakura Diaries. ADV's full July schedule is listed below.<ul><b>18th July ADV UK releases</b><span class="menu"><li>Aquarian Age #1</li><li>Chrono Crusade #3</li><li>Gad Guard #4</li><li>Get Backers #4</li><li>Mezzo DSA #1</li><li>Sakura Diaries Box-set (dub-only)</li></span></ul>All of these release dates have been entered into our <a href="http://www.animeuknews.net/schedule.php">UK anime release schedule</a>.

Bit annoying that Sakura Diares is English dub only. Still getting it, since then ill have it Japanese dub only as well as English dub only, lol

I didn't even realise it was dub-only until I skimmed through the press release earlier. Has this been known for a long time or is it new?

Get Backers #4 should be my favourite off that list.

I'm definitely getting Chrono Crusade #3, Get Backers 4 will be on the rental list once I've watched 3, and I may get around to looking into Mezzo DSA eventually. Part of me wants to check out Aquarian Age because the trailer looked good, but I've heard some bad things about it also...

i'm looking forward to Chrono Crusade as well, although i'm aware of the so far mixed reactions to Aquarian Age that Red pointed out. tbh, there are so many great releases for this month they will keep me occupied into next month anyway!

I may just get Mezzo DSA myself, as I'm a big fan of Mezzo Forte and always thought it would make a great anime as a series without the sex :wink:

IanC said:
I must be the only one whos getting all of these....

Oh well, at least Mezzo DSA is only 3 discs

I am also getting all of them too. Tho i dont know how long it will take to watch as i have to do so much over time just to pay for them.

I've heard some good things about Aquarian Age but it doesn't really appeal to me, isn't there a movie on the way too?

The only title I'm seriously considering is Mezzo DSA, the cracking synopsis on ADV's press release is what swayed it for me, "Her name is Mikura and she's all about service with a smile. So what if that service is cracking skulls and the smile happens to be on the other end of a loaded gun?"

sadly im not interested in any of these releases, i have heard many things about Aquarian Age being not good, Mezzo..... meh, getbackers...... i have seen the entire show on sub, so ill prob get a R1 DVD boxset....Chrono Crusade, i really love the show (only watched the 1st 4 eps, time ago on sub) but ill wait for a boxset. and the other 2 not, interested.

im currently interested in R1 releases.
i have to get vols 2 and three of FMA
Tenjho Tenge, i liked the manga, and the anime, so its a must for me.
and vols 4 and 5 of Peacemaker.....

IanC said:
If you love the show you should get as it comes out. Its reasons like that wich make me HATE fansub watchers.

No, IanC. Not everyone can afford to spend £250 on a 13 volume series, even if they loved it during a TV broadcast or shock horror, fansub run. What actually are your reasons HATING fansub watchers? I've pumped more than my fair share back in the anime industry as have 99% of all fansub watchers here. We're all anime fans; perhaps you should think harder and do a little research before making wide-spread, generalising remarks that makes you look foolish.

Paul's raised a good point there, this is such a pleasant and welcoming community it's a real shame to see people being marginalised and picked on. I'd never criticise anyone without a good reason and even then it's best kept to yourself.

Yes indeed. I watch fansubs, and still buy them when they come out in the UK (indeed, if they do). Like Paul said, i've supported the anime industry in the Uk, whether it be MVM, ADV, BEEZ or Manga Inc, or anime-online and tokyotoys.

Not everyone can afford to buy a series as soon as it comes out, or indeed buy series that they haven't seen the fansubs for and haven't decided a worthwhile purchase.

No, IanC. Not everyone can afford to spend £250 on a 13 volume series, even if they loved it during a TV broadcast or shock horror, fansub run. What actually are your reasons HATING fansub watchers? I've pumped more than my fair share back in the anime industry as have 99% of all fansub watchers here. We're all anime fans; perhaps you should think harder and do a little research before making wide-spread, generalising remarks that makes you look foolish.

well said paul

Whilst I can understand some bitterness towards those that download lots of fan-subs but refuse to buy anything, I can hardly see the problem with waiting for a sale or for some spare cash. Besides which, most of the people I know would probably buy considerably less anime if it weren't for fan-subs.

Back