[adult swim]'s 2012 April Fools Day Prank: Toonami

Surely not if you adjust it like so, "I think if we had both adult swim, and toonami in the kids sector, it might gain more fans". I assume that's what he meant.

R

animefreak17 said:
We don't have adult swim over here...

Yes we do. Every Friday night. Midnight. TCM2. Robot Chicken, ATHF and Metalocalypse.

Rui said:
Surely not if you adjust it like so, "I think if we had both adult swim, and toonami in the kids sector, it might gain more fans". I assume that's what he meant.

R

I'll give you Toonami, but Adult Swim being in the UK Cartoon Network would be impossible with our Television laws. CN would have to be in the entertainment section for that to happen.

theirsbailiff said:
animefreak17 said:

Yes we do. Every Friday night. Midnight. TCM2. Robot Chicken, ATHF and Metalocalypse.

Rui said:

R

I'll give you Toonami, but Adult Swim being in the UK Cartoon Network would be impossible with our Television laws. CN would have to be in the entertainment section for that to happen.

what really........................ i never knew that................what channel

animefreak17 said:
theirsbailiff said:
animefreak17 said:

Rui said:

R

what really........................ i never knew that................what channel

318. Have you seen any Adult Swim stuff before?

Paradox295 said:
animefreak17 said:
theirsbailiff said:
animefreak17 said:

Rui said:

R

yeah i have actually

318. Have you seen any Adult Swim stuff before?

yeah i have actually

i saw the aqua team, havy bird , the venture brothers, robot chicken ect

but in the US they have anime on theres which is a bummer for us over here

animefreak17 said:
Paradox295 said:
TCM2 318. Have you seen any Adult Swim stuff before?

Yeah, I have actually. I’ve seen Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Harvey Birdman, The Venture Bros, and Robot Chicken etc.

But in the US they have anime on there, which is a bummer for us over here.

They're not really that great when it comes to anime. Unless it's Cowboy Bebop or FLCL or Inuyasha we're talking here.

theirsbailiff said:
Not that I care because television as a medium is dead to me, but what are these television laws and "sections" you speak of? The ones in the Sky programme planner? Given that terrestrial channels have a diverse range of programming, what would be the point of being anything other than an "entertainment" channel if it restricts what you can and can't show?

ayase said:
theirsbailiff said:
Not that I care because television as a medium is dead to me.

Then you're missing out on some awesomeness... :wink:

Paradox295 said:
ayase said:
theirsbailiff said:
Nope, only thing I'm doing is avoiding wasting hours of my life watching adverts and the cost of a satellite subscription. I read reviews and buy DVDs of the stuff I think I'll like.

To be fair I do still watch the BBC from time to time because there are no adverts (and I'm of the opinion that if I'm paying for a channel there shouldn't be - I really don't understand why anyone would pay for Sky when it still has adverts, other than perhaps a strange desire to support Rupert Murdoch's continuing mission to make the world dumber by the day). Dirk Gently has been enjoyable, that's about about the only thing I've watched on TV this year.

ayase said:
Paradox295 said:
ayase said:
theirsbailiff said:
Nope, only thing I'm doing is avoiding wasting hours of my life watching adverts and the cost of a satellite subscription. I read reviews and buy DVDs of the stuff I think I'll like.

To be fair I do still watch the BBC from time to time because there are no adverts (and I'm of the opinion that if I'm paying for a channel there shouldn't be - I really don't understand why anyone would pay for Sky when it still has adverts, other than perhaps a strange desire to support Rupert Murdoch's continuing mission to make the world dumber by the day). Dirk Gently has been enjoyable, that's about about the only thing I've watched on TV this year.

Ohh, you mean like linear television? Yeah, I rarely watch it anymore. I mostly just stick to torrents, Netflix and DVDs. ;)

Broadcast television is generally what I understand "television" to refer to. The things on television I'd refer to as programmes. I still watch some of those... Just not when they are actually broadcast on television, like yourself. Hence I really couldn't care less if there was more anime on TV or not.

ayase said:
Broadcast television is generally what I understand "television" to refer to. The things on television I'd refer to as programmes. I still watch some of those... Just not when they are actually broadcast on television, like yourself. Hence I really couldn't care less if there was more anime on TV or not.
I'd not mind it for sure, more awareness is an awesome thing, but I'm convinced that no body can competently air anime without going batshibe insane.

ayase (Needs a HTPC) said:
Not that I care because television as a medium is dead to me, but what are these television laws and "sections" you speak of? The ones in the Sky programme planner? Given that terrestrial channels have a diverse range of programming, what would be the point of being anything other than an "entertainment" channel if it restricts what you can and can't show?

Broadcasting regulations. Channels show more than three hours a day of one section when they're in a different section get moved to the latter, so Adult Swim as a 9pm - 6am block would be infeasible.

Also, 'entertainment' would be more for general wide encompassing stuff.

theirsbailiff said:
Oh hey, [as] tweeted something.
http://twitter.com/#!/adultswim/statuse ... 3339074560

#BringBackToonami We've heard you. Thank you for your passion and interest - stay tuned.

Also their original tweet got 13,000 retweets, Even from Kyle Hebert and Funimation

And there's now a toonami section on their boards. Link

So I think we're all good then.
I wouln't put it past Williams Street to throw it back in thier faces. These are the guys who told everyone to screw off after Code Geass got the best ratings in a graveyard timeslot after all.

I can't find the bump on bumpworthy but it's there somewhere. I think it was a "Dear Adult Swim" with a dood asking why more anime wasn't shown.

Back