Adult Swim launches in France and Switzerland, possibly UK

Invisible Crane said:
Paradox295 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0V3Ux9nt9U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RfG9b9SP-w

UGHHHHRRRRRRRRAHAHAHAHAHGHR.

Turner is teh evils :(

Wait the show is being edited for the UK?...okay that sucks but out of curiosity how bad content wise does RS get in it's US airing
Yeah, the original lines are:
UK: He's gonna be miffed
US: He's gonna be pissed

UK: You're a plank, no you're a plank
US: You're a turd, no you're a turd

They also get away with 'crap' a few times, and a couple of episodes, like Party Pete and DEFINITELY Brain Eraser, I doubt will ever be shown here.

Brain Eraser: Mordecai (The Blue Jay) sees Pops (The old guy) naked, and can't get it out of his mind, and everything he imagines is Pops naked. So they end up watching an anime that blanks his memory, then they go inside his memory to chase down the memory of Pops naked, and erase it. So they end up erasing the memory, going back to real life, and if that wasn't enough, Benson (The Gumball machine) walks in, loses his towel, and gets a boner

Also, the latest episode, guest starred Steven Jay Blum, aka Spike from Cowboy Bebop and Orochimaru from Naruto.

...did I mention you should watch this show yet? :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Paradox295 said:
Invisible Crane said:
Paradox295 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0V3Ux9nt9U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RfG9b9SP-w

UGHHHHRRRRRRRRAHAHAHAHAHGHR.

Turner is teh evils :(

Wait the show is being edited for the UK?...okay that sucks but out of curiosity how bad content wise does RS get in it's US airing
Yeah, the original lines are:
UK: He's gonna be miffed
US: He's gonna be pissed

UK: You're a plank, no you're a plank
US: You're a turd, no you're a turd

They also get away with 'crap' a few times, and a couple of episodes, like Party Pete and DEFINITELY Brain Eraser, I doubt will ever be shown here.

Brain Eraser: Mordecai (The Blue Jay) sees Pops (The old guy) naked, and can't get it out of his mind, and everything he imagines is Pops naked. So they end up watching an anime that blanks his memory, then they go inside his memory to chase down the memory of Pops naked, and erase it. So they end up erasing the memory, going back to real life, and if that wasn't enough, Benson (The Gumball machine) walks in, loses his towel, and gets a boner

Also, the latest episode, guest starred Steven Jay Blum, aka Spike from Cowboy Bebop and Orochimaru from Naruto.

...did I mention you should watch this show yet? :lol:

They can say pissed!?!...when did CN US grow some balls...if only the UK one could do the same as well

Last edited by a moderator:
Oooh, "swearing" is so badass. The miffed translation is irritating but I find the plank version kinda funny. I watched an episode of the show and will be sure to record a few episodes as/when/if they air on our channel. I liked the Raccoon. I followed it up with watching the short 'Adventure' Time pilot and loved that - so bizarre and nice. I hate that people flip YouTube videos, makes 'em unwatchable for me. I want a way to flip them back. I'm definitely going to watch a few of these.

I'm kinda shocked that 'Flapjack' and 'Chowder' have ended though. Not sure about 'Chowder' but I hear 'Flapjack' ended on by the creators accord and most prominent staff on both shows have continued onto other CN Studio productions; nice family they've got going on there. Willing to bet that 'Secret Mountain Fort Awesome' will indeed be awesome too.

Jayme said:
Oooh, "swearing" is so badass. The miffed translation is irritating but I find the plank version kinda funny. I watched an episode of the show and will be sure to record a few episodes as/when/if they air on our channel. I liked the Raccoon. I followed it up with watching the short 'Adventure' Time pilot and loved that - so bizarre and nice. I hate that people flip YouTube videos, makes 'em unwatchable for me. I want a way to flip them back. I'm definitely going to watch a few of these.

I'm kinda shocked that 'Flapjack' and 'Chowder' have ended though. Not sure about 'Chowder' but I hear 'Flapjack' ended on by the creators accord and most prominent staff on both shows have continued onto other CN Studio productions; nice family they've got going on there. Willing to bet that 'Secret Mountain Fort Awesome' will indeed be awesome too.
"Swearing" isn't badass. The fact that CN are allowing words that people use everyday is pretty cool.

And people flip YouTube videos so they don't get banned. Their system recognises copyrighted stuff and immediately bans it if it matches.

I know the why, I just dislike the fact there doesn't exist a site that visually flips it back around. There are sites to convert to mp3 and ones that put the Benny Hill music in the background yet there isn't one that streams a reversed video.

I was joking, it reminded me of all them people think Naruto's translations are meant to contain several "f*ck"'s and "dicks". I do find the language stuff interesting though, I think Nickelodeon occasionally do some TV-PG, but as you said, its mainly CN and actual TV shows that use it. And its almost always there because of the occasional "crap", "damn" or the really dangerous "god-damn" (which would never be used on CN, right...). The stuff with the insane levels of violence are like, TV-Y7. Weird. The FCC are weirddd. Though dialogue is more applicable in everyday* usage, I guess.

*Not that "boob" from Drake & Josh and other Schneider-isms ever became a 'thing'.

Jayme said:
I know the why, I just dislike the fact there doesn't exist a site that visually flips it back around. There are sites to convert to mp3 and ones that put the Benny Hill music in the background yet there isn't one that streams a reversed video.

I was joking, it reminded me of all them people think Naruto's translations are meant to contain several "f*ck"'s and "dicks". I do find the language stuff interesting though, I think Nickelodeon occasionally do some TV-PG, but as you said, its mainly CN and actual TV shows that use it. And its almost always there because of the occasional "crap", "damn" or the really dangerous "god-damn" (which would never be used on CN, right...). The stuff with the insane levels of violence are like, TV-Y7. Weird. The FCC are weirddd. Though dialogue is more applicable in everyday* usage, I guess.

*Not that "boob" from Drake & Josh and other Schneider-isms ever became a 'thing'.
Yeah, that would be a pretty good service.

That's probably because some fansubs spice up the language by putting more swearing in there >_<

Also, just watched the RS UK edit of The Power. It was okay, IMO
They kept the peeing Wizard in, and 'stupid keyboard crap' was changed to 'supid keyboard crud'

EDIT: Muscle Man and HFG's voice in Just set up the Chairs. Ughr

I'm sure CNUK could get away with zero edits for this stuff. It's like when Comedy Central plays Scrubs and the mute the "bitches" when at the same time you can flick over to E4 and get the "bitches" ... Then again, C4 sometimes edit even The Simpsons and Friends, so I don't know what to think. They screwed over Veronica Mars on its daytime airing.

Paradox295 said:
Yeah, that would be a pretty good service.

That's probably because some fansubs spice up the language by putting more swearing in there >_<
Nope it's there in the Japanese. Swearing (or it's equivalent) is just okay for a younger audience. It's all done by emphasis rather than the word itself.

The only words they realy care about are the words for genitalia and sexual acts, which get bleeped out on TV (even in the 1-3AM slots anime often has).

Jayme said:
Still, there's a difference between a "damn" and a "f*ck".
No there isn't, hence the problem.

"grrrr" (looking slightly annoyed) to "F*ck you, you g*ddam a**hole!" would all use the same wording with differing tone of voice or maybe a superlative.
It's all translator preference, rather than either way being wrong.
Naruto has lots of slang anyway, the swearing might fit with the informality better.

If a network needs to advertise My Boys and Til' Death, you know its not good. I don't understand why they just didn't work on expanding and broadening the Sky Living name.

Jayme said:
If a network needs to advertise My Boys and Til' Death, you know its not good. I don't understand why they just didn't work on expanding and broadening the Sky Living name.
This is Sony, not Sky. All I know is that this channel will most likely fail.

Ryu Shoji said:
f*ck is an act, using what all guys will claim is a giant structure.

=D
Form the wiki:
""F*ck" can be used as a verb, adverb, adjective, command, interjection, noun"

How dare you put down one of the greatest words (in linguistic terms) in the English language. It does not just mean that!
Discalimer: I do not mean the below as an insult, more as an example of how versatile a word it is
Go f*ck f*ck, f*cking f*ck f*cker!!

Back