Aaaagh! So many new series' so little time.

bensons

Completely Average High School Student
Lucky star, Darker than black, Tokyo majin gakuen kenpuchou, Heroic age, Hayate no Gotoku! Cazador de la Bruja... They wont let me live! I can't stop myself!

Seriously though, we've got some promising new stuff to get our teeth into.

Hayate no Gotoku seems like a better version of zero no tsukaima- very similar "ojo sama" main girl with same seiyuu too.

Heroic age isn't really my usual cup of tea- I tend to avoid most mecha type stuff- but I like the look of this.

El Cazador de la Bruja seems to be getting off to a great start- very interesting.

Darker than Black- Been waiting for this one, looks ACE!

Tokyo majin gakuen kenpuchou- been waiting for this one too! Looks double ace!

Lucky star- not sure about this one yet, I don't know a lot about it, I don't think it'll be special but it looks fun.

Add these to Manabi straight, Kenichi and the others... Am I missing anything? My head hurts. My eyes are sore.

A few series i'll be watching include,

Touka Gettan (Moonlight Lady Returns)
El-Cazador
Kono Aozora Ni Yakusoku Wo: Melody of the Sun and Sea (when i can find the thing)
Kiss Dum - Engage Planet
Claymore
Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica
Nagasarete Airantou

I was going to wait until a few episodes have been released but theres a few that are tempting me. But at the moment i just have such a big backlog to work with, just not enough hours in the day.

If you are looking for new anime titles coming out this spring then i suggest you check out this list. http://www.animeph.com/anime-season-lis ... -2007.html then go find some information on the ones you think you'll like. Very handy way to kill time.

Thanks for the link Nyu, very handy.

One I'll definitely be checking out is Saiunkoku Monogatari 2, as the first series was great fun and there's still plenty of room left for more story.

I watched the first episode of Darker then BLACK just for the hell of it, and wasn't overly impressed. Sure, it's got some potential, but didn't manage to do anything to really grab my attention and make me especially interested in watching more episodes.

El-Cazador I heard elsewhere compared to Noir, Kiddy Grade, Trigun and Madlax, at which point my interest in watching it swiftly dwindled away to zero.

Claymore I've been told is pretty much a monster-of-the-week show (in the manga, anyway). Girl with big sword arrives at isolated village, kills local monster. Rinse and repeat - second verse, same as the first. So I'll probably give that one a pass.

I watched the Lucky Star OP and... it was odd. I'll probably check out the first episode to see what it's like...

One new show I did like - rather depressingly - is Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS. Due to a mixture of boredom and good reviews I decided to check out the first series, and determined that either the reviwers I'd listened to were lying, or that they were clearly getting something from the show I wasn't. While not a bad show per se it's still predictable as hell. But in spite of that I still watched the first two series to completion, and will probably do the same with this one. This irks me somewhat... :?

I have so much to watch this week, I have 4 night shifts though to to get through them and chose which ones I will actually sit down and keep watching, I really hope there are some good ones as I am running low on stuff to watch at the moment.

@Nyu-Thanks for the link, very helpfull indeed! I'm waiting for Kono Aozora Ni Yakusoku Wo too, it looks good. Claymore!? I'd forgotten about that one!!! :)

@Ramadahl- I've only seen the first two eps of El-Cazador but I'd rate higher than Trigun and KG already. I might be wrong, but I reckon it's definately worth a go.

I just watched the first episode of Lucky Star. I thought that it was utterly fantastic, OP included. It's certainly a very stylistic show though. It doesn't really carry a story line as such from what I've seen so far. It's more a collection of slice-of-life sketches; think Osaka's observations from Azumanga but filling an entire episode. The characters are very charming, making the whole show watchable, but I'd say certainly not for everyone. I loved Azumanga Daioh, and I loved this - probably a good way to put it.

Also, Ramadahl, don't go bad-mouthing Nanoha. It may be predictable, but GOD DAMNINT IT'S NANOHA!

I no what ya' mean... there are just to many show I wanna watch, I've had to stop myself from watching some...

Darker than Black, Romeo x Juilet and El Cazador are my favourite new shows so far~

I'm also watching Claymore, Hayate no Gotoku and Bokurano.
(Plus loads of ongoing shounen shows: Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Death Note, Reborn! and Gintama.)

;__; Stupid anime. Why does it have to be so good?

Why are you watching so many anime series? Jesus, it's not compulsary to over-exert yourself with so many things, and half of them you'll probably drop anyway. -_-

Lupus Inu said:
Why are you watching so many anime series? Jesus, it's not compulsary to over-exert yourself with so many things, and half of them you'll probably drop anyway. -_-

I usually only watch three at a time but add the others to my ever growing back log. Roll on summer uni break!

bensons said:
@Ramadahl- I've only seen the first two eps of El-Cazador but I'd rate higher than Trigun and KG already. I might be wrong, but I reckon it's definately worth a go.
Hmm, ok, I guess I'll give it a go then.

adamcube said:
Also, Ramadahl, don't go bad-mouthing Nanoha. It may be predictable, but GOD DAMNINT IT'S NANOHA!
Heh, Nanoha in some ways reminds me of Ghost Hunt - while neither show is especially good on an objective level (for example, both shows are somewhat predictable, and the characters lack the level of depth needed to truly shine), personally I really enjoy both of them. The only thing that bothers me slightly is that I don't know why I like them so much ^^;

Watched the first episode of another new show yesterday - Sola. While it was largely setting up and introducing characters, the plot hints and the end of the episode (was that guy shooting beams of light? And what's with these people who avoid light so much? Vampires, maybe?) have at least peaked my interest enough to want to see what happens in the second episode.

Tokyo majin gakuen kenpuchou - got bored after ep 6

Heroic Age - Loving this

Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann - People living underground get attacked and then saved by Big headed robots... I liked this right up til the robot appeared and then I just lost interest

Claymore - not too sure about the animation and the story is way too much like D.Gray Man for me.

Darker than Black - still have to watch it
El Cazador de la Bruja - still have to watch it

I have to check these new shows but not too soon :cry: i just have a lot of course works right now and I can only manage to watch 3 to 4 eps of anime per week, if I go over that, I will get stuck doing nothing ... so sad :( but i have to watch the new naruto and bleach today... yahoo... and there is new opening song on bleach... :( they replace my favorite bleach song.... Happy Friday the 13th to you guys!

Back