A Looong Hiatus

elaniel

Vampire Ninja
Hi all,

Just wanted to reintroduce myself (even though I wasn't particularly active my first time around).

The last 2-3 years I was completely burned out of anime and sold every anime series/film I had barring a few that never sold. In hindsight I do regret selling them all, particularly my favorite series like Slayers, Utena, and Evangelion. I ended up buying dozens of series I never would watch. I was a fan since way back in 1997 at just 13. Some series I owned from back then I still never watched!

I'm taking it slow coming back and have decided for the time being to stick with films and perhaps the odd series if it's on Blu-Ray and I thoroughly enjoy it like Cowboy Bebop. I won't be buying DVD's again - even if it's a favorite. (Pipe dream hoping the original Slayers series or Utena ever gets released in the format, huh?!) I don't have loads of time to sit down and watch a full series sadly.

My whole collection was Region A/1 as I moved to the UK from the US but now I want to stick with UK releases. I was overwhelmed by the amount of content that was flooded into the US.

It would be great to become more active and perhaps get to know some new people here as I don't know anyone personally that's into anime.

Some of my favorite series were: Evangelion, Slayers, Utena, Record of Lodoss War, X, Bubblegum Crisis (and Tokyo 2040). Also had a few guilty pleasures like High School of the Dead and Angel Beats.

The only anime I own now are: Akira, Ghost In the Shell, Evangelion 1.22 & 2.22, Ninja Scroll, Perfect Blue, and all the Ghibli's. I'm awaiting this rumored Shinkai collection that I've seen mentions about. My next purchases will probably be the Berserk films and Helling Ultimate.

As I have also been out of the fandom for so long I feel sort of lost and was looking for any recommendations of any great movies/shows that have been released over here.

Thanks for all those that took the time to read my essay! :)

Back