A little help please?

Ammish

Stand User
Just recentley, My mum have bought "The Sopranos" boxset 1-6 from Play.com on Playtrade. She spent at least £82 and it came in today, sealed.

Though the wierd thing is... the inside of the boxset have CDs packed up in a cheap quality (Like binding CD Leaflets) and when she tested out the DVD. Some of the copyright warnings were in Chinese/Japanese/Korean, while the later seasons come in with an American warning. Though above that, they all play in english and the CDs looks and feel like an original. But the boxset my mum bought it from have stated that it was shipped off from the UK, but was actually from China.

So do you think it's possible that it's a bootleg DVD?

Many thanks for your help

That seems messed up... It could be bootleg, but it seems more like someone collected 2 versions of the same product, and sold it all in one box. I.e. collected vol. 1, 2, 3 in english, vol. 4, 5, 6 in foriegn. Instead of selling them seperate, they bunched it up as one boxset.

I mean, we collect region 1 and 2 vol. of a series (even though they're both english, the advert scheme is different.) Plus, I collect (in manga) tanoshimi and Del Ray, but it's one collection.
Plus, there are a lot of Vol. 1+Artbox items out there, so that may increase the likelihood of mixed import/native volumes.

I'd probably guess it's the bootleg, but I'm not sure myself. I'm too naive to understand what is/is not bootleg besides the obvious boxset changes.

Hmmmm...It might not be. A variety of chinese DVD boxes are lower quality, especially when they are exported from another country (in this case Japan). I thought that the Hellsing Boxset was Bootleg at first, but every single Hellsing one I've seen is the same, quite low quality, but it turned out that was just the way it was dubbed into this country. So it may not be bootleg, just from a different region.

I don't think it is a fake (as Citizen Geek said it might be easier with a picture) as one of my friends used to get loads of DVDs from China as they were mega cheap but still in English and the things you describe sounds a lot like the things he bought. If it was a lot cheaper than it would be then thats probably what it is. I don't usually get big boxsets so I don't know how much it should cost!

CitizenGeek said:
Do you think you could take a picture and show us the boxset; that make it easier to identify if it's a fake or not ;]

We haven't got a cable to connect it up to the computer, so Sorry D=

But thanks for the help anyway, all of you. But my mum going to keep the boxset.

So yeah, thanks

Back