4 unreleased Manga UK old licenses won't be coming to the UK

Paradox295 said:
Why do they even need to convert to PAL in the first place?
No-ones gonna have a problem unless they're using a TV that's at least 10 years old

To give Region 1 owners a headache when they see a region 2 UK or Region 4 bargain, import it, and realise that their US-Centric equipment can't handle PAL, or if it can, they have to put up with conversion issues. It's more of an impediment than region coding.

They don't need to buy British too often in the States, but when Millennium Actress gets a dub here and not there...

Mohawk52 said:
Reaper gI said:
Mohawk52 said:
So it looks like it was the BBFC cost that killed it then. :wink:
PAL NTSC conversion+ masters, is a much much bigger cost than BBFC. See comments form Beez on DRRR. It's like 6 times as much or something of that order.
There's a reason nearly all UK DVDs are authored by Madman.
Please give me a link to this Beez comment. Knowing the technology and process needed for format conversion, I find that hard to believe.

http://forums.animeuknews.net/viewtopic.php?t=12570&start=36

I'm currently in love with the Strawberry 100% manga and, poor adaptation though it may be, I'd have still gone for it to have a looksee. With there being no R1 option, it would've been a 100% buy for me.

H&C is supposed to be one of the few anime titles known to mankind that can be respected by adults, as well as brats. That said, with the R1 releases being expensive and numerous, that would've also been a 100% buy.

Shame...

Reaper gI said:
Mohawk52 said:
Reaper gI said:
Mohawk52 said:
So it looks like it was the BBFC cost that killed it then. :wink:
PAL NTSC conversion+ masters, is a much much bigger cost than BBFC. See comments form Beez on DRRR. It's like 6 times as much or something of that order.
There's a reason nearly all UK DVDs are authored by Madman.
Please give me a link to this Beez comment. Knowing the technology and process needed for format conversion, I find that hard to believe.

http://forums.animeuknews.net/viewtopic.php?t=12570&start=36

I don't know where you got the 6 times figure as BEEZ only mentioned It costs a lot more to do your own DVD encoding than it would cost to rate English Dub only. You would have to near double the costs of BBFC fees to include both English DUB & English Subtitles for Japanese track.

Back