3DS Amsterdam Conference - Pricing, launch date, you name it

Arbalest

黒い剣士
So i thought i'd make a new topic for this instead of continuing to update that other topic which is at about 8 pages or so. IN about 45 minutes, the conference starts, and we're set to get a collection of launch details along with pricing, and what games we should expect for release. Anyone willing to speculate what to get?

My guess is, following the japanese launch, we'll definitely get SSFIV as a launch title and maybe layton, but the rest i can't say.

So, Eurosport and Sky 3D are partners with the 3DS, this basically means, 3D TV on the 3DS. this is pretty awesome, but nothing was mentioned for price. So, i wonder what to expect there. I'm pretty sure i just noticed twitter, facebook and such there as available partners, but i'll edit that if i see more.

Capcom where on for a bit with Ono discussing the Street pass elements of the 3DS, and how street fighter works with it for an example. My guess is, we won't get release dates until closer to the end of the conference. Mr Shibata has appeared to discuss 3rd party partners and now we have the Ubisoft CEO on stage. Who says they want 8 games released on the 3DS within the launch time

Its quite possible that the 3DS is going to be region locked....which sucks

http://www.vg247.com/2011/01/18/nintend ... gion-lock/

In a statement just given to VG247, Nintendo has confirmed that 3DS hardware will come in three region-locked varieties, following rumours that the handheld would be geo-specific.

The measure, according to the company, has been based on a number of factors.

“Nintendo 3DS hardware is available in three versions: Japanese, American and European/Australian,” Nintendo told us in a statement.

“Nintendo has developed different versions of Nintendo 3DS hardware to take into account different languages, age rating requirements and parental control functionality as well as to ensure compliance with local laws in each region. Nintendo 3DS also offers network services specifically tailored for each region.”

It went on: “Additionally we want to ensure the best possible gaming experience for our users and there is the possibility that Nintendo 3DS software sold in one region will not function properly when running on Nintendo 3DS hardware sold in another.”

Nintendo says “guidance” will be published on packaging for 3DS hardware and software to warn potential customers.

“Guidance will appear on every packaging of Nintendo 3DS hardware and the accompanying software. If you are in doubt, Nintendo recommends that you only purchase Nintendo 3DS software in the region where purchased your Nintendo 3DS system.”

Here we go people. Nintendo 3DS will be released on the 25th of March this year all round Europe, and the price will be £180-200. If you want the price confirmed, i recommend you go to your local GAME store for more

Games haven't be confirmed but! People, do we want Samus in DOA? i think she's nearly been confirmed:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VpQRuIoL4Hs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VpQRuIoL4Hs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

As soon as i get game release dates, i shall throw them at you. But i can confirmed within the first month or so, there will be 25 games release

Aya-Kun said:

“Nintendo 3DS hardware is available in three versions: Japanese, American and European/Australian,” Nintendo told us in a statement.

“Nintendo has developed different versions of Nintendo 3DS hardware to take into account different languages, age rating requirements and parental control functionality as well as to ensure compliance with local laws in each region. Nintendo 3DS also offers network services specifically tailored for each region.”
Calling ******** stright away as Europe and Australia shouldn't logicaly be the same region.
Bloody price fixing.

'Nintendo didn't announce a price for the console, but did say that retail outlets have been given a trade price and it is up to them to decide how much to sell it for. HMV has already started pricing the device for pre-order on their website at £229.99.'

And america gets it for $250... well we really drew the short straw there.

mangaman74 said:
If it is priced like that then it is simple - don't buy it.

I guess so. You never know, if enough people don't buy them (i mean, i cant see many 'casual gamers' paying £200+ for a handheld) then they may have to reduce the price eventually.

DanM said:
'Nintendo didn't announce a price for the console, but did say that retail outlets have been given a trade price and it is up to them to decide how much to sell it for. HMV has already started pricing the device for pre-order on their website at £229.99.'

And america gets it for $250... well we really drew the short straw there.

I'm going into GAME tomorrow or friday to ask about it a bit more, but when i was in on friday last week making my pre-order, he told me the price was set at 180-200. So i wouldn't see it being more than that.

Jayme said:
What are the downsides that first jump out to you guys about the 3DS? I'm trying to grasp what the 3DSi will be like. lol.

I can't really think of any other than the price. I read somewhere that nintendo were already thinking up improvements to add to later incarnations of the 3DS, which pretty much confirms there will be an updated model eventually.

Ok, so to look back at the price. £229.99 seems almost accurate. This needs changing, and it needs changing fast. Either that, or Americas price needs changing. We're, at present, paying on average £80 more than they are going to for the handheld. Now, i dunno how much shipping will come to on top of that, but whats the chances we'd get it cheaper regardless?

EDIT: watch this space

Arbalest said:
Ok, so to look back at the price. £229.99 seems almost accurate. This needs changing, and it needs changing fast. Either that, or Americas price needs changing. We're, at present, paying on average £80 more than they are going to for the handheld. Now, i dunno how much shipping will come to on top of that, but whats the chances we'd get it cheaper regardless?

EDIT: watch this space
remmember US price is VAT less. so $300 (£188 atm., so no duty)
Should be about the same after shipping and other customs fees.

It's the same as importing one, but still much cheaper for them.

Reaper gI said:
Aya-Kun said:

Calling ******** stright away as Europe and Australia shouldn't logicaly be the same region.
Bloody price fixing.

Europe/Australlia has always been same region

even with blurays and dvd's

Back