30th January UK anime releases

Red XIII

Straw Hat Pirate
Rounding off January's anime DVD line-up, four more titles were released today, completing MVM's release of Haibane Renmei and bringing us a new series in the form of Cyborg 009. Also due out are Pom Poko and Porco Rosso, the next two instalments in Optimum's Studio Ghibli Collection.
<ul class="menu"><b>30 January 2006</b>
Cyborg 009 #1 (Columbia)*
Haibane Renmei #4 (MVM)
Pom Poko (Optimum Asia)
Porco Rosso (Optimum Asia)</ul>
If you want to keep on top of all upcoming UK release dates, be sure to take a look at our regularly updated schedule.

*Edit: it has since been confirmed that Cyborg 009 has been delayed until March 20th.

Anyone picked up Cyborg 009? Since it's a release from Sony, I'd be interested to read what you make of it.

Paul said:
Anyone picked up Cyborg 009? Since it's a release from Sony, I'd be interested to read what you make of it.
I've heard that the release was delayed. I've heard a rumour that it's out in March, but don't quote me on that!

(fears that this will go the same way as Sony's release of Astro Boy - they kept delaying it until it disappeared :cry: )

Ushio said:
Paul said:
I've heard that the release was delayed. I've heard a rumour that it's out in March, but don't quote me on that!

(fears that this will go the same way as Sony's release of Astro Boy - they kept delaying it until it disappeared :cry: )

Actually, it looks like you're right, Amazon now list it as coming out on March 20th (I'll make the necessary amendments in a moment). Iirc, even the US release only made it up to volume 2, so it doesn't have a very good track record of making it to DVD!

Back