22nd August UK anime releases

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Today is undoubtedly the biggest UK anime DVD release day of the month with no less than 11 separate anime series hitting UK stores. Amongst many others are British debuts for ADV's Divergence Eve and DNAngel as well as the latest instalments of Last Exile and S-CRY-ED (Beez). All of today's releases are listed below.<ul class="menu">22 August 2005
<li>Digimon #4 (Maximum Ent.)
<li>Divergence Eve #1 (ADV)
<li>DNAngel #1 (ADV)
<li>Gravion #2 (ADV)
<li>Gundam SEED #3 (Beez)
<li>Last Exile #5 (ADV)
<li>Mobile Suit Gundam Movie #3 (Beez)
<li>Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinum #4 (ADV)
<li>New Fist of the North Star #3 (ADV)
<li>S-CRY-ed #2 (Beez)
<li>Witch Hunter Robin #3 (Beez)</ul>Keep up to date with every UK anime release date by checking out our comprehensive schedule.

Last Exile is the only one on the list that I'll be buying for now, DNAngel, Gundam SEED, S-CRY-ed and Witch Hunter Robin will all be going on the rental list though.

"Mobile Suit Gundam Movie #3 (Beez)" is the big one of that list for me. Such retro looking space drama goodness!

Stuuf that should be arrving in the next few days:
Last Exile: Vol. 5 - Grand Stream
DNAngel: Vol.1 - The Dawn Of Dark
Divergence Eve: Vol.1 - Welcome To Watcher's Nest
Witch Hunter Robin: Vol. 3

And ill be ordering SEED vol 3 and 4 later in the week.

These only came out today, i guess D.N.Angel came out before schedule just like Last Exile, i've had it for a while now.
Out of the list i'm most looking forward to getting Last Exile volume 5, i really should hurry up and order it

Charter_Mage said:
These only came out today, i guess D.N.Angel came out before schedule just like Last Exile, i've had it for a while now.
All of ADVs titles where actually sent to stores last week.

I picked up NGE Plat vol 4 on Wednesday at a HMV....

i got divergence eve its great i want to get dnangel because once i dreamt of something like in the trailer where a white angel and a black devil fight and i was thinking when i first saw the trailer of it my god i dreamt that lol

Paul said:
"Mobile Suit Gundam Movie #3 (Beez)" is the big one of that list for me. Such retro looking space drama goodness!
I'm looking forward to it... the 2nd movie was kind of dull and occasionally incomprehensible though, but the same bit in the TV series was hardly my favorite whereas the beginning and end were. Seems to have not been dispatched by Bensonsworld :(

Got all of these dvds and i really enjoyed them.

I need to see more eps of Divergence Eve to make up my mind on it as im not to sure ehat i think of it at the moment, tho i didnt like the way the frist ep was set like half way though the serie as it confused me abit when it went to ep 2 and it was all different. the frist ep also shows you how alot of the chatacters end up and its takes the fun out of the serie if you know whats going to happen before you have even started to get into the serie.

yea i also got mine about 2 to 3 weeks ago but only got round to watching it yesterday. I realyy like it too and thats surprizeing as i didnt think i would.

Hybridchild said:
Paul said:

Thats been out for weeks, i got it from Play on Augest 9th or so, was shipped on the 5th
All the online retailers have been running preorders to Aug 22nd. Play.com included. This would still make sense though: Pinaccle Vision's website is a goddamned shambles, and that seems to be where the etailers get their dates from.

Example of Pinnacle visions problems: Movie 3 has a release date of 22nd August, but the product description talks about Gundam Seed Volume 3. Similarly, Gundam Seed Volume 3 has the picture and product description of S-Cry-ed Volume 3! S-Cry-Ed isn't due to next month, and it has no product information.

The weirdness encountered with Movie 3 / Seed 3 is reflected in the fact that Seed 4 was available on Play.com a week (or two) ago, but Seed 3 was still upcomming.

Well Movie 3 was listed as being out on August 7th on Play and apparently it was then listed as Augest 22nd after that, there might have been problems with getting enough pressed so Beez decided to delay it but only decided to do so after Play had shipped some of them

Back