2009: The Wii

Ammish

Stand User
Sparked from a comment from good old Citizengeek, which made me thought of 2009 for the Wii. So yeah, thanks for that.

Anyway, it's a serious discussion about the Wii. I remember back in 2006 when everyone was mad for the Wii, because it was considered revolutionary that time and it was a MUST HAVE console.

2006 had a decent selection of games. 2007 had some of the best games for the Wii (Super Mario Galaxy) and the beggining of 2008 had some great games (No more Heroes and Zack and Wiki)

But I believe that 2008 was the worse year for the Wii. I'm not even going to count Brawl... because I've highly enjoyed it, but it was overshadowed by other more rubbish games. It was a bad year, with a laughable game called 'Wii Music' and a cheap port with an add-on that isn't all that great (Animal Crossing Wii)

My wii feels like it's already a fossil. Because I haven't played it for a long, long, long time.

Yet I'm looking forward to this year. Why? THIS:

These are the games I'm looking forward to. And I'm pretty sure a lot of people are looking forward to MadWorld. Sure, in the end, I will always use my 360/PS3 over the Wii more. But I'm pretty much glad the Wii is finally getting games that isn't shovelware or mini-game crap.

Discuss.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully this will be a good year for the console, though we won't see an end to Nintendo's minigame stylings since Wii Sports Resorts is coming out with that new attachment (Motion Plus i think it is). Of course the first Wii related news i heard this year was that of the Dead Rising port, and how awful it was looking compared to the 360 version and the fact that it had was lacking a lot of the games stuff. Still i'm hopeful, oh and you forgot Metroid Prime from your list of games :p That's the reason at the moment why i haven't touched my 360 or PS2

You picked the first three games I thought of when I saw the thread title! \o/

The Sky Crawlers (Ace Combat like dogfighting game) would be another one that will hopefully come out over here this year.

I'm actually looking forward to this year for the Wii, i know last year wasn't exactly great, but it shouldn't be too bad this year. Apparently Nintendo are to announce 29 titles in particular this year which they hope will bring in a fair bit of income, and some have rumoured a new Zelda amongst them, but i'll wait and see. From what i know, Tales of Symphonia should be released next month, so that will be something to pick up as well. And those three games there look good, particularly Fragile, it looks a bit different to what i've seen on the console for a while.

Also, does anyone know if its confirmed that Project Zero 4(Fatal Frame 4) is set for release any time soon here? I personally want to get a hold of that when its released.

Tales of Symphonia 2 is coming this year =)!

As much as I love my Wii, I can't help but think that the hardware just could have been a bit better for the price. Ah well. Eledees had too much slowdown : x

melonpan said:
Tales of Symphonia, the Final Fantasy VII of the Tales of series.

Also, I like the Wii but some of the better titles aren't getting released here. If Tatsunoko vs Capcom got a Western release I'd cry tears of happiness and Captain Rainbow too. MadWorld seems pretty cool and I need to play the first Sin and Punishment first.

ilmaestro said:
Grab S&P from the Virtual Console right now! It's really, really good fun, even if you're not a massive fan of shooters.

Is it in PAL60?

I guess it would be seeing as it's never ever had a PAL release.

I'm placing zero trust in the stupid virtual store because of how they royally messed it up for people in Europe.

melonpan said:
ilmaestro said:
Grab S&P from the Virtual Console right now! It's really, really good fun, even if you're not a massive fan of shooters.

Is it in PAL60?

I guess it would be seeing as it's never ever had a PAL release.
Actually, I don't know, as I bought mine from the Japanese store. But, like you say, they did go out of their way to put it on the Euro VC, I'd hope they didn't then go further out of their way to make it a crappy PAL conversion. ^_^

Tales of Symphonia 2
MadWorld

To be honest, there's not a whole lot I'm looking forward to this year that's been confirmed on any of the consoles.

Lupus Inu said:
melonpan said:
Tales of Symphonia, the Final Fantasy VII of the Tales of series.

Also, I like the Wii but some of the better titles aren't getting released here. If Tatsunoko vs Capcom got a Western release I'd cry tears of happiness and Captain Rainbow too. MadWorld seems pretty cool and I need to play the first Sin and Punishment first.

sept ToS was good ;)

Back