100 registered users

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get too excited, I have a feeling the last 13 or so are not genuine as their "personal" websites are adverts for prescritpion drugs - go figure :shock:

Miaka-chan said:
Don't get too excited, I have a feeling the last 13 or so are not genuine as their "personal" websites are adverts for prescritpion drugs - go figure :shock:

Happens on most forums to some extent I suppose :? , people do anything to sell/promote things.

Yeah, I've been pruning them for a long time now; seems we're being hit by them quite badly over the last few days. I'll get around to deleting them later- keep the champagne on ice ;)

Yeah, those bot accounts can be super-annoying. But this forum has a very good user/post ratio so I wouldn't worry about it too much :D

But if you really want to stop them you can install a phpBB mod which asks for human authenication before registering a new user. Worked for me!

i dunno who inktomi is, but there's hell of a lot of them logged in right now. someone's computer must be playing up big-time.

I added this search engine bot mod to the forums a few days ago and it seems to have 'encouraged' them to visit us a little more than usual. I'm just worried it will max out our bandwidth or something! I just checked the stats and it doesn't seem to have affected us.

Also, I'm guessing it's also why we've seen an influx of these advertisers on the forum lately. Huxley, what is the name of this mod you suggested? I'll probably stick on it later. Thanks mate.

Hi is it alright to open this post now as this site has now hit 100 user and non are fakes (i think)

WAY TO GO ANIME UK NEWS :) :D

Yep, it's official this time, we've made 100 users! :) Thanks all you guys and girls for posting here.

Capuchin said:
Registered Users: MSN, Googlebot, Googlebot, Googlebot, Googlebot, Googlebot, Googlebot, Capuchin, IanC, Paul, valha

:shock:

Don't worry, they aren't actually registered, they are just search engines looking at our threads ;) If you type 'anime news' on Google, you'll find us on the first page!

Well at least we got to 100 members before the dodgy ones started registering again :lol:
ALLA17 & SHASHANAH are both iffy :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back