009-1

harkins

Adventurer
I’ve just ordered the first volume of this. It sounds pretty good from the blurb taken from the case.
In a world where the Cold War never ended, East and West continue to battle for technological and political supremacy. Mylene Hoffman, field commander of the elite Double Zero intelligence division, exists in this world with her eyes open and her body always ready to do battle. She puts the intelligence into “intelligence agentâ€

I saw the first episode which was streamed on IGN to support the release of the first DVD, and it was..well so-so. The episode felt rather rushed and bitty. If they maybe made the episode story span two episodes it would probably have been better. Mind you that and the dub itself wasn't to good =/. I probably wouldn't buy it, and if i was to watch the series, probably the once and thats it.

watched the first ep and it annoyed me, not sure why it just did, might have been the dubbing, especially the cockney agent but I found it well rubbish

McIcy said:
watched the first ep and it annoyed me, not sure why it just did, might have been the dubbing, especially the cockney agent but I found it well rubbish

Yer i saw the first episode too. I agree about the dubbing it really is terrible lol. The whole concept of it though is ok but i dont think its going to be one i carry on with. But tell me if the story gets better as it goes on.

You shouldnt judge this show solely based upon the 1st episode, get past that, along with the 'machine gun breasts' and every other preconception and you've got a great show.

Actually, if you check out www.animeworldorder.com, Daryl Surat gives a great review of the first couple of episodes, describing it as a mixture of Lupin 3rd, James Bond and Golgo 13 set during the Cold War.

That Shelf Life review is pretty positive. I've only managed to watch one episode since I got it so I still can't comment myself.

Has anyone checked out that DVD collection shown at the bottom of that Shelf Life article? It's incredible.

I've got the 4th episode as a preview on a Newtype disc to watch, will let you know when I get round to watching it what I think of it!

I watched eps 3&4 earlier (already watched 1&2 fansubbed so thought it be better to skip to an unfansubbed ep). The 3rd ep is probably my fave of the 1st batch, 9-1 has to kill a guy called Egg, they fight for a few days without a winner, have dinner, sleep together then a winner is finally decided :lol: (had a quick check of the dub and Vic Mignogna's voice for Egg was terrible and made him sound like a generic cartoon villian rather than a cool hitman)

Well i didnt just say i didnt like it because of first episode. Its just its not my kind of anime that i watch :p I prefer pure comedy / romance things.

Back