What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Sorry to double-post, but I'm not sure if it's the best alternative to Dekai (admittedly, I never heard of them until now), but I recommend checking out Gamersheek. They have a store in Glasgow (I been there during last year's SLA), and they have an online store which I used to pre-order Nendoroid Shin Kamen Rider.
I've used them there legit.

I received two packages from Crunchyroll this week - on Monday 2/5 I receved two Discotek titles, and today I received an Aniplex title and a $5 Blind Box Bargain Item I added to get free shipping:

Lovely Complex
Kurokami

Kaguya-sama Love Is War The First Kiss That Never Ends
Fantastic Detective Labyrinth DVD

I know nothing about Fantastic Detective Labyrinth, but if it is a mystery anime, it should be right up my alley. And it's the full series too, not just a part disk.

lovelykurokami.jpg

kaguyakiss.jpg

fandetectlabyrinth.jpg

fandetectlabyrinth2.jpg

Last edited:
Here's an interesting one. For those not in the know, Kujibiki Unbalance is the in-universe anime the cast of Genshiken like to watch. They originally made 3 OVA's of it which came bundled with the S1 volumes / boxset of Genshiken (which I own) and later on made a TV series of it which this is. The OVA's were nothing special and honestly though I'll watch it I'm not bothered about the TV series, I got this mainly as this includes the 3 Genshiken OVA's, this set being an opposite of Genshiken S1. The OVA's are important for the overall story as it introduces a new main character present in the second season. I didn't actually know this set existed and was instead trying to track down the OVA's on their own or bundled with S1 in a standard DVD set, even if that meant double-dipping on S1 as the S1 art box I own doesn't include these OVA's. Glad I randomly found this on ebay though as it goes with my S1 art box now. Just have to track down the S2 art box for a reasonable price as well as the Second Generation series.

Kujibiki Unbalance (+ Genshiken OVA) (DVD)

20240210_130509.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks again to @Otomo and @zappi for El Hazard OVAs 1 & 2 and Lupin the 3rd Part 4 English Dubbed Standard Blu-rays, both arrived today and all the discs are there, cases and disc trays/hubs intact etc. so no damage or tampering seems to have occurred in transit, and thanks to @zappi for the cool vintage postcard as well, I'm sure I will enjoy these! Minna! cries happy tears sentimentally 🥰

Thanks again to @Otomo and @zappi for El Hazard OVAs 1 & 2 and Lupin the 3rd Part 4 English Dubbed Standard Blu-rays, both arrived today and all the discs are there, cases and disc trays/hubs intact etc. so no damage or tampering seems to have occurred in transit, and thanks to @zappi for the cool vintage postcard as well, I'm sure I will enjoy these! Minna! cries happy tears sentimentally 🥰
I expect a donation to my favourite charity, Lady Mud Wrestlers in Need.👻

2024 HAUL - FEBRUARY CHAPTER: BATCH #2

Payday arrived at the start of the week, which included 40+ additional hours that were paid but at the same time I had to put money aside for assisting with the car insurance stuff. That said got more stuff ordered and some have arrived in the past few days.

Mad Cats & Tokyo Decadence 1.jpg
Switch Collection 2024 1.jpg

Last year I picked up a few Cave bullet hell shoot em up games which were given physical releases by Limited Run Games. But this time we have two more from the same developers that were actually published by Clear River Games, the same folks who also brought over Ys Origin.

That's right I now own Akai Katana Shin and Deathsmiles I & II, which is great because I am familiar with both of these because they were released in the west on Xbox 360. Now the former I was able to buy through Amazon without issue since it was half a year old at this point, though eBay sellers are trying to charge £60-90+ telling people its rare when its not. That can't be said for Deathsmiles I & II which is an oddity.

Deathsmiles I & II was released in the west physically by Strictly Limited first, before receiving another physical release through Clear River Games. But for some reason, the Nintendo Switch version for this game has been out of stock for many months at this point and the publisher hasn't said anything about a reprint. I decided that I didn't want to take the risk of waiting any longer, especially with the Switch nearing the end of its lifespan, and decided to find a copy on eBay.

The Dead Mother 07.jpg
Le Combat Dans L'ile 07.jpg
Red Sun 07.jpg
Radiance Films Collection 2024 2.jpg

The Radiance Films World Cinema bandwagon continues this week with three more European films to wrap up the 2023 line-up for my collection, as the remaining ones would be English releases. In other words I managed to get every non-English film from their 2023 slate.

The first is Juanma Bajo Ulloa's The Dead Mother (La madre muerta), a 1993 Spanish film that according to Fran on his commentary unboxing video it was recommended to him by none other than Guillermo del Toro himself! This limited edition also includes the film's original soundtrack CD.

Next we have Alain Cavalier's Le combat dans l'île, a 1962 French thriller which has a premise that intrigues me and it's thanks to Radiance recently adding a trailer on their YouTube channel that helped convince me to check it out. Radiance Films also released his 1976 film Fill 'Er Up with Super which I received up last week.

And last but not least is Rudolf Thome's Red Sun (Rote Sonne), a 1970 German film with a pretty interesting concept though it's apparently one of the weaker films that Radiance Films have released in their catalogue. This limited edition sold out late last year but there was stock left on Amazon so I ordered it from there.

That now concludes my mini Radiance Films haul for backlog, since going forward what's left are their 2024 releases.

Blue Thermal 08.jpg

Next we have a new Anime Limited collector's edition release which only just started their early bird a week prior, which is Blue Thermal. I saw the visual a year ago and figured it would be picked up eventually and here we are. This does use the Shout! Factory disc so I have no clue if its theatrical or home video masters here.

You can view more photos and specs on my blog.

Last edited:
1707770215199.jpeg

Sadly, I will be returning it to ATA! Look at that damage and it is still sealed!! By the way, the packaging is fine so it must have occurred during the manufacturing process.

1707770326208.jpeg

^That's a seam split, it occurs fairly often with new/sealed records. Many reputable record shops offer shipping options to prevent this. They remove the cellophane before shipping, carefully remove the record(s) and ship them in a poly bag outside the sleeve. This is the proper way to ship a record, and the only surefire way to prevent seam splits. This is how pro sellers ship records FYI.

Back