UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Still nothing about my Christmas order being dispatched. i'll give Anime Limited until the end of the week & if it hasn't been dispatched by then I'm cancelling my order, as this is getting ridiculous now.
Getting to the stage where we should be getting some freebies or something for the inconvenience. I can understand the situation over Christmas, but if it gets to two weeks into January and they still haven't shipped the remaining Xmas mystery boxes or other Xmas orders then it does seem a bit of a piss take.

If there's something going on that's causing further delays, they could at least let customers know via email/social media.

It wouldn't be as bad (in my eyes) if they only charged for the items once they ship (like Amazon). Rather than charging at the point of purchase and only gets shipped a month or so later.

It wouldn't be as bad (in my eyes) if they only charged for the items once they ship (like Amazon). Rather than charging at the point of purchase and only gets shipped a month or so later.
I've had my run in with a fair few retailers over the years and have read up on some of the UK consumer law regarding payments and online deliveries - it seems that when a delivery date is not specified by a retailer, goods must delivered within a "reasonable time", which is usually defined as within 30 days.

After the 30 days, you are legally entitled to cancel your order and recieve a full refund for "failed delivery". But then the cynic in me tells me that ATA only take cancellations via their email contact address for a reason - to make it a hassle so less people end up bothering to cancel their order. Just imagine how many more cancellations there would be if they had a "cancel order" button like Amazon or other retailers have. I know Arrow Films (a similar online boutique blu-ray store) have a "cancel order" option you can use before despatch, so I can't see why AL couldn't integrate something like that themselves.

If Anime Limited struggle to respond to basic queries, then you might also be waiting a while to have your cancellation request fulfilled and by then you might have recieved the item and will have to deal with returning it if you no longer want it. Most online retailers in the UK that I have dealt with, including the smaller ones, usually respond within 1-3 days if you have an issue. Going by some of the experiences on this forum, some people have had to wait much longer for a response and some not even recieved a response at all.

Last edited:
I know Arrow Films (a similar online boutique blu-ray store) have a "cancel order" option you can use before despatch, so I can't see why AL couldn't integrate something like that themselves.
Arrow are owned by The Hut Group and use their web infrastructure for their online store, just like Zavvi. Don't expect the same level of design from AL as an arm of such a large retailer.

Hopefully the new site redesign later this month helps with some of this though.

If Anime Limited struggle to respond to basic queries, then you might also be waiting a while to have your cancellation request fulfilled and by then you might have recieved the item and will have to deal with returning it if you no longer want it.
They don't even mention distance selling regulations - our statutory rights - in the FAQ. It states they only accept returns for damage 😬

It's a pity to see them squander the good will they'd built up in their first few years. I'll buy their releases if there aren't any problems with them but generally I avoid the store like a plague.

Chargeback is the only language they understand.

This. Chargebacks really hurt companies as they have to pay additional fees ontop of the refund and too many can have them removed from popular payment processes under assumption of fraud. A number of small companies have gone under because of it I have only ever done it once myself.

They don't even mention distance selling regulations - our statutory rights - in the FAQ. It states they only accept returns for damage 😬

It's a pity to see them squander the good will they'd built up in their first few years. I'll buy their releases if there aren't any problems with them but generally I avoid the store like a plague.
Yeah, you can return an item you recieved from an online retailer for any reason (not just damage) within 14 days of recieving it. However, it's important to note that with products like DVDs/Blu-rays/CDs etc, they have to still be sealed under this law.

Of course if you discover the item is damaged after removing the seal, you can still return it for a refund under the Consumer Rights Act - which states products must be recieved in a satisfactory quality, undamaged, and fit for purpose.

If you're really struggling with a retailer, citing a few consumer laws and mentioning chargebacks and/or small claims courts usually kicks them into action.

Last edited:
Seems a bit ridiculous that it has got to the pre-order stage and we don't have any info more specific than " featuring Japanese and English audio options " for Patlabor, since it seems like the main selling point for double dipping would be which options those will be.

Seems a bit ridiculous that it has got to the pre-order stage and we don't have any info more specific than " featuring Japanese and English audio options " for Patlabor, since it seems like the main selling point for double dipping would be which options those will be.
The store listings are up now and they clearly state they only contains the Bandai dubs for 1 & 2. Expect these to be clones of the Sentai discs.

They've actually quietly added that it's solely the Bandai dub in the product details section. A bit weasely if you ask me but there we go.

So it's £30 per film or £70 if you buy all three at once.

Looks over at my Sentai boxset that includes all 3 films, the original 7 episode Oshii ova, the 47 episode tv show & the 16 episode New Files ova, that I bought in a sale for $32.99/£26 three years back

LOL. LMAO.

Back