What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Week 2 Part 1 of the haul, or at least whatever turned up between Monday-Thursday lol. I got the day off today due to having to work this coming weekend. Timing was just about right to sort out these photos and unboxing posts.

First up we have the two box sets that arrived yesterday, and oddly enough both were adapted by SILVER LINK.

DHav1JKh.jpg

BOFURI: I Don’t Want to Get Hurt, So I’ll Max Out My Defense Season 1 limited edition Blu-ray release from Funimation UK. As we all know, the handling of the UK release was a mess - a 4 month delay and most folks didn't even get their copy in the end, combined with the poorly timed US release going out of print at the same time. I found a copy on eBay for the past few weeks that was over SRP but eventually they decided to lower the price to which I figured I would go for it since it was close enough to what I was willing to pay for (and in case someone else decided to buy it beforehand). You can view more photos & specs on my blog.

DKaxS4ch.jpg

Our Last Crusade or the Rise of a New World Season 1 limited edition Blu-ray & DVD release from Funimation. Considering the lack of news on the UK side and how whenever they finally decide to bring the series over to the UK it's just a standard Blu-ray, I decided to import the US version of this fantasy series. It's a rather nice box though it's large because the fabric poster is inside the set and they reused the same artwork for the back cover and spine of the set which is a bit lazy. Other than that, the booklet is pretty good. You can view more photos & specs on my blog.

Still waiting for mine, here in the UK... sigh.. 😂

Yeah, sorry about that, I do feel somewhat guilty getting one of the first batch sent over here when many of the local customer base are still waiting on theirs. I was thinking maybe Zavvi intentionally sent out some international orders first since it would take an extended shipping time to arrive, and by then they'd already be shipping the rest of the sets out locally. I just hope they still get the remainder of their stock much earlier than right before the release date, so you guys don't have to wait too long - especially since they evidently took payment from everyone on 2 November.

I'm actually shocked that my copy made it over here to the US without damage. It was shipped in one of those cardboard wraps with the 'wings' sticking out at each end, and the wings did their job well enough protecting the corners of the slipbox during the trip.

Last edited:
Yeah, sorry about that, I do feel somewhat guilty getting one of the first batch sent over here when many of the local customer base are still waiting on theirs. I was thinking maybe Zavvi intentionally sent out some international orders first since it would take an extended shipping time to arrive, and by then they'd already be shipping the rest of the sets out locally. I just hope they still get the remainder of their stock much earlier than right before the release date, so you guys don't have to wait too long - especially since they evidently took payment from everyone on 2 November.

I'm actually shocked that my copy made it over here to the US without damage. It was shipped in one of those cardboard wraps with the 'wings' sticking out at each end, and the wings did their job well enough protecting the corners of the slipbox during the trip.
Don't feel guilty, all the blame lies with Zavvi. I am amazed that it arrived in the US without damage though, that is some good luck there

I received 6 titles in the mail today from Rightstuf. These were all in-stock items I ordered with a 10% off coupon code:

Wandering Witch The Journey of Elaina
Higurashi When They Cry GOU Season 1 Part 1
In/Spectre Season 1
Goblin Slayer Goblin's Crown Movie
Future Boy Conan
Irresponsible Captain Tylor
TV Series

6rightstufse.jpg

Week 2 Part 2 of the haul, or at least whatever turned up between Friday-Sunday lol. I've been working this weekend (9-6:30 yesterday and 12-8 today) so I had some time to go through the latest items.

One package this time and it came from Zavvi as part of the 35% off Funimation UK releases. I may do another order later but we'll see.

IA3TzOLh.jpg

Akira limited edition 4K Ultra HD & Blu-ray release from Funimation UK. This is the second print version that has the HDR disc, since as you may knew already they forgot to include HDR in the first print. Unfortunately, much like some folks had with their recent UK exclusive sets like Wicked City, my Akira copy has glue dot problems so the back cover is damaged. You can view more photos & specs on my blog.

WR15rNTh.jpg

usyGXjhh.jpg

P8xvDn2h.jpg

kvoRYdwh.jpg

beAUK4Uh.jpg

BeZDwoHh.jpg

RSR6UpRh.jpg

ldOplW9h.jpg

FGuwDg2h.jpg

wuhUL6ih.jpg

NxzpMGVh.jpg

PPwstkxh.jpg

Also arrived is Bungo Stray Dogs the Movie: DEAD APPLE and Bungo Stray Dogs Season 3 on Blu-ray from Funimation UK. Now I own all of the currently available instalments for the franchise since Season 4 is airing next year.

43.jpg
Two JP blu-rays arrived, 86 -Eighty Six- Volume 2 & Oresuki Volume 2

74.jpg

23.jpg

Think I'm done for the year with 86 for now, and look to pick the rest of Oresuki cheap like this volume was (probably likely used tbh)

Back