Your viewing journal

Blue Lock episode 7 Until it burns out.

BOCCHI THE ROCK! episode 7 Commercial break(down).

I’m the Villainess, So I’m Taming the Final Boss episode 9 Cruel reality.

I've Somehow Gotten Stronger When I Improved My Farm-Related Skills episode 8 The wedding crasher.

My Hero Academia Sixth Season episode 121 Through the flames.

Pop Team Epic 2nd Season episode 8 Play.

Raven of the Inner Palace episode 8 No longer a friend.

Spy x Family Part 2 episode 20 Crawling and coding.

Utawarerumono Mask of Truth episode 22 Copy of A.

Uzaki-Chan Wants To Hang Out! Double episode 8 Enter the dragon.

Yowamushi Pedal: Limit Break episode 6 The path ahead.

On-Gaku: Our Sound (Film) A passion project from director Kenji Isaisawa and a nice change of pace, sporting a laid-back atmosphere and simple yet engaging musically-driven narrative. 4.5/5

Onihei
episodes 1-13 (Complete. A historical series focusing on a group keeping the peace in Tenmei-era Japan. I thought it was quite enjoyable and worth a watch if you like the setting and premise.) 4/5

Only Yesterday (Film)
A charming and grounded film from Isao Takahata, this is now one of my favourite feature films from Studio Ghibli. 4.5/5

Cardcaptor Sakura episodes 29-42: the cards are becoming more self-aware, demanding and proactive, the costumes are back, and the hopeless love comnnections are getting more complicated. Good to see Tomoyo finally admits (to us, at least) that he knows something is going on. But considering the family was originally safeguarding the whole deck of Clow cards, that shouldn't be too much of a surprise.

Cardcaptor Sakura episodes 29-42: the cards are becoming more self-aware, demanding and proactive, the costumes are back, and the hopeless love comnnections are getting more complicated. Good to see Tomoyo finally admits (to us, at least) that he knows something is going on. But considering the family was originally safeguarding the whole deck of Clow cards, that shouldn't be too much of a surprise.

Do you mean Touya rather than Tomoyo? :)

After watching Oh What A Lovely War this afternoon, I needed something cheerful to restore my spirits and decided to tackle Oreimo episodes 1-6, which I enjoyed for the most part although Kirino did get rather irritating and creepy in parts. My favourite people was the Tamura sweet shop family, as they forced their daughter on Kyosuke.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 276 A familiar premise.

One Piece episode 1041 Familial rebellion.

To Your Eternity 2nd Season episode 5 What is love?

PaniPoni Dash! episodes 1-24

The Illusionist (rewatch) - As this film has very little dialogue and what there is is mostly just cleverly done mumbling to indicate characters are talking or that there's a language barrier without actually having them use real words, I bought the relatively cheap French Blu-ray release of the film from an Ebay seller located there, and have now rewatched it in full HD - the DVD looked pretty good for a DVD but it does look very nice in HD as well, I actually saw it at the cinema when it came out IIRC and that was a lovely experience too. I would also like to take this opportunity to mention that the other film called The Illusionist that this is not to be confused with has Edward Norton in it not Christian Bale, I got mixed up (so in other words Edward Norton is not to be confused with Christian Bale :p I'd additionally like to take this opportunity to thank my friends, family, agent, pet golden lion tamarin and all the other beautiful people who helped get me this lovely shiny Oscar :) <3 :D ) XP I paid far closer attention to the film this time around and I'm glad I did, unsurprisingly I caught a lot more details and story etc. and it really is a wonderful film that I heartily recommend! Still want to get that OST on CD as well :) The only downside of buying the French BD over the more expensive US one is that the extras may not have English subtitles though I haven't checked yet :)

Suppose a kid from the last dungeon boonies moved to a starter town.

Episodes 1-4

Only got home from Glasgow at 12pm and having a TV day. Supposed to be watching England V Iran, got bored (as I do sometimes - attention span is at 23 minutes).
It passed the 'is that the episode finished already test '.
Lots of stupid humour that hit the spot and likeable characters.

Gosenzo-sama Banbanzai! - Episodes 1 - 6 [Final]

This had been one of the few Oshii anime I hadn't seen and after reading @Professor Irony 's comments on it I had to see it. It's an interesting OVA, simultaneously genius, bizarre and at times quite tedius it is an extremely compelling watch and even when some of the tedium set in during the veerrry long talking sections I just couldn't take my eyes away from it. Very much in that vain of experimental anime from the late 80's like Twilight Q and Take The X-Train, it is a piece of animation that could only have be made in bubble era Japan.

Karura Mau: Sendai Kokeshi Enka - Episode 1

I really like this type of supernatural anime from the late 80's and early 90's. I had watched the Karura Mau film earlier in the year which I really enjoyed and there was a recent fansub of the OVA so I dived right into it. This was a good first episode that followed on nicely from the film.

Super Beast Machine God Dancouga - Episodes 36 - 38 [Final] (Blu-ray)

Super Beast Machine God Dancouga: Requiem for Victims (Blu-ray)

Now to compile notes for the review on the mecha podcast.

Mobile Suit Gundam : The Witch from Mercury - Episode 7

Urusei Yatsura (2022) - Episodes 4 & 5

Gundam Reconguista in G - Episodes 1 & 2
I watched up to around Episode 7 last year before stopping. So I've decided to start over again & take notes. Episode 1 throws out a lot of information about the different factions, the Kuntala, religion, countries etc. Keeping track of all that is easier with a pen and notepad.
GITS S 2 Poker Face
Top episode
Saito, the major and Tachikomona talking Japan USA post war politics.
Very nice. I remember that being a stand out episode for early season 2.

Back