Chronicles of the Hidden World: How I Became a Doctor for the Gods Volume 1 Review

Noemi10

Your Friendly Bookworm
AUKN Staff
Chronicles of the Hidden World: How I Became a Doctor for the Gods tells the story of Yae who was reborn in a fantasy world after her death. Here creatures with no names turn into monsters, and it becomes her job to save them.

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Do you think this one works okay as a standalone book? I like the sound of the premise and main character and the young romance doesn't particularly bother me since these types of series usually go for that. :)

I was looking at the release dates in Japan and this one came out in May 2020 with no follow-up volume since that's usually a sign that the title underperformed and isn't getting more. (A general rule of thumb I use is anything below 2-3 volumes and had 2~ years passed is probably a axed series). So that's what made me ask since if it's a satisfying standalone read I'll probably pick it up but otherwise skip.

Do you think this one works okay as a standalone book? I like the sound of the premise and main character and the young romance doesn't particularly bother me since these types of series usually go for that. :)

I was looking at the release dates in Japan and this one came out in May 2020 with no follow-up volume since that's usually a sign that the title underperformed and isn't getting more. (A general rule of thumb I use is anything below 2-3 volumes and had 2~ years passed is probably a axed series). So that's what made me ask since if it's a satisfying standalone read I'll probably pick it up but otherwise skip.
I think this book didn't work as a standalone as it leaves some big questions unanswered (I'm not saying what questions aren't answered so that I don't spoil it for you 😉), but if you want to give it a try, I can send you my copy if you're based in the UK.

I think this book didn't work as a standalone as it leaves some big questions unanswered (I'm not saying what questions aren't answered so that I don't spoil it for you 😉), but if you want to give it a try, I can send you my copy if you're based in the UK.

Hmmm. I think with the odds of those questions being answered looking fairly slim I'll likely just pass for now. Thank you for the kind offer though, I appreciate it! :)

Back