Your viewing journal

Spy x Family ep9

Kaguya-sama: Love is War ~ Ultra Romantic ep9

Ghastly Prince Enma: Burning Up! ep10

Think I've got the measure of this show now, but it still manages to pull unexpected surprises out of the hat - the legally distinct versions of Getter Robo and Mazinger were fun, as was the little recreation of the Thunderbirds opening for the character introductions in the OP. I've been skipping the opening credits, but I'll need to go back and check the other episodes - a few of them do seem to have a unique character intro in the style of another show from the 60s or 70s.

Last edited:
Fantasista Doll complete series: passable magical girl anime. Too many questions unanswered for my satisfaction,

His and Her Circumstances: getting close the the halfway point. Very emotional with a lot of poignant scenes, interspersed with lighter moments. I'm starting to remember bits and pieces. Excellent series for those who want to really get to know the characters.

A Couple of Cuckoo's (English Dub) Episode 5

Spy x Family (English Dub) Episode 8

A Couple of Cuckoo's Episode 7

Don't Hurt Me, My Healer! Episode 9

In the Heart of Kunoichi Tsubaki Episode 9

Love Live! Nijigasaki High School Idol Club Season 2 Episode 10

Shikimori's Not Just a Cutie Episode 8

Spy x Family Episode 9

Trapped in a Dating Sim: The World of Otome Games is Tough for Mobs Episode 10

Yatogame-chan Kansatsu Nikki Season 4 Episode 9

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 252 Convince.

Don’t Hurt Me, My Healer! episode 9 A dud draw.

Trapped in a Dating Sim: The World of Otome Games is Tough for Mobs episode 10 Declaration of war.

Flames of Recca episodes 37-42 & Final Burning (Complete. An enjoyable shounen series based on martial arts and ninjas from Noriyuki Abe, the director of Yu Yu Hakusho and Bleach.) 3.5/5

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
(Rewatch) episodes 1-12

Last edited:
The End of Evangelion (Blu-ray)

It's not perfect by any means and still suffers from having a sudden shift in tempo like the TV series. I absolutely adore the first half, the attack on NERV is so intense and visceral, but the ep26 part of the EoE gets messy but is full of incredible imagery like when Unit 01 activates and is stood in the swirling black clouds.

Idol Defense Force Hummingbird - Episodes 1 & 2

After watching Top Gun: Maverick last week (loved it) I wanted to watch some air combat anime and as Hummingbird is another OVA I haven't seen in years it fitted the bill perfectly.

Video Warrior Laserion - Episodes 24 - 31

AMAIM: Warrior at the Borderline - Episode 21

This was a really good episode and can't wait for the finale!

The next door neighbor couple is coming over in about 10 minutes to watch about 5-6 episodes of Spy x Family, I have it all setup to watch it on Crunchyroll on my HTPC, connected to my projector in my theater room, so we will be watching it up on the big screen. It's a Monday morning matinee viewing, lol!

I'm always jealous of your neighbours. Have a great morning anime party!

R

Rosario + Vampire seasons 1 and 2
Silly but extremely fun show that understands a harem concept is infinitely more interesting if (a) the girls actually have a reason to like the guy (b) the guy has something of a personality (c) the girls are monsters (d) the writers understand when to be funny and when to let the drama unfold, and (e) a fourth wall breaking bat.

By The Grace Of God
So gentle and charming. Tonally this is the isekei equivalent of something like Aria, Hidamari Sketch or Is the Order A Rabbit? whereby peril is at an all time low and everyone is super supportive. It's gentle, nice and easy to watch. It's almost oppressively optimistic, not for the cynically minded.

Well, we actually didn't watch Spy X Family after all, I started it but forgot that it is subtitle-only right now, with the dub coming in another month or so - and the neighbor girl is not good at all with subtitles. So, we put that one on the back burner for now, and instead we went non-anime and watched the first four episodes of gen:LOCK Season 2 from RoosterTeeth, and they were really into that one. It's been so long since we finished the first season! A good bit of nudity in the second season, with a full-frontal of my waifu Miranda, even. So, maybe not quite as wholesome as SxF, lol.

We also want to re-watch Volume 6, and watch Volumes 7 & 8 of RWBY, since we dropped the series about 3 years ago part-way through Volume 6, but are going to go back to it since Vols 7 & 8 were pretty good.

Ascendance of a Bookworm Season 3 episode 35 Cornered.

Healer Girl episode 10 Cocooned.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (Rewatch) episodes 13-25

Ascendance of a Bookworm s3 e9
Always read the fine print.

In the Heart of Kunoichi Tsubaki ep 9
Snakes and Roosters.

Kaguya-sama s3 e9
School cultural festival.

I’m quitting Heroing episode 10 Mr Self Destruct.

Tomodachi Game episode 10 Friction.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (Rewatch) episodes 26-38

Back