UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

CR US has unveiled their lineup for August, these two have LEs announced for here so I would assume they will look this (with possibly some minor changes).
Combatants will be Dispatched!
12.jpeg
Suppose a Kid from the Last Dungeon Boonies moved to a starter town?
22.jpeg

Reading the Synopsis for the above shows it seems every Isekai needs a Demon Lord no matter what.

Dragon Quest 3 was just that successful I guess.

I watched Sonny Boy recently was a fun watch, Nyamazon was a nice touch. I'd find a space for a decent CE version of it on my shelf for sure.

looks like UP1 are increasing the price of Funimation/Crunchyroll UK collector's editions as Hinamatsuri has gone up in price from £39* to £56

Thankfully, if you've pre-ordered, (like me) you'll still pay the cheaper price.

* prices include p&p

looks like UP1 are increasing the price of Funimation/Crunchyroll UK collector's editions as Hinamatsuri has gone up in price from £39* to £56

Thankfully, if you've pre-ordered, (like me) you'll still pay the cheaper price.

* prices include p&p
That's a sharp increase, I wonder why?

The main reason for using them was their prices were the best so i will be looking elsewhere if this is the norm now.

It's much cheaper on Aol currently (£49) for instance. Amazon is £52 too. Looks like they will be benefiting the most.

Last edited:
I wonder like with Air, Kanon (MVM) & Jujutsu Kaisen (Anime Ltd) they end up with other distributers. Wouldn't mind MVM releasing Sonny Boy or Sarazanmai (given they released Tsuritama and Arakawa Under The Bridge and they are weird af)

* prices include p&p
I had it happen a while back when I pre-ordered My Hero Academia +Ultra edition (S1-3 box set) and right after release the price changed. So if I had to guess its Manag/funimation giving a pre-order price/cost to sellers and as with most pre-orders sellers try to aviod changing the price. And then Manga/Funimation is probably changing the price and sellers then have to adjust the prices on release.

I think it might be facing a delay. It's up on Anime On Line and UP1 to be sure. UP1 still has it listed as June, but I checked AoL and it's been pushed back there to October.
Yeah it's pretty obvious it would be delayed given the US still hasn't listed theirs (though I'm surprised we're getting Fruits Basket Season 2 collection this soon). I suspect what will happen is that it will be scheduled for September's US slate while the UK gets it in October.

* prices include p&p

It looks like UP1 have lowered the price to £49 now.

So.. not sure if this has been discussed yet but Black Clover Season 4..

Will they release a complete Season 3 instead of the parts? Seems weird to have done it this way.

Back