UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Is ATA (or anyone else for that matter) planning to release Belle on vinyl?

I saw Milan Records had a pre order link go live last night but that appears to be US only and sold out near instantly.

That's pretty much AL's MO at the moment. Might throw up a tweet, might not. Depends how they're feeling 😎
Just for fun I went and checked their socials to see if they actually plug their releases...
Last time they posted on YouTube was TWO MONTHS ago.
They're pretty active on Instagram but more of as a look at these cool pics and articles as opposed to plugging their goods.
I know that sounds harsh but take a look at the All The Anime French page for the Future Boy Conan pre order they did at the same time and tell me which gets the product across better?
Twitter is a bit better or worse depending on how you look at it. (France still beats them in every aspect)
They're very active and promote some releases but you'd be forgiven for thinking the only thing they're releasing in 2022 is Belle.
They also post a lot of articles promoting series released by other companies which is kind of strange for a company trying to sell me goods as they come off more like an ANN style website 🤷‍♂️

I know i kinda s#it on them a lot and I really don't mean it in a malicious way but seriously, they really need to up their marketing!
Just look at France and do that! You're literally the same company!!

It does feel like unless you're already interested / looking for it, you're going to be totally unaware of AL's upcoming releases. With Miyazaki's name on it, you'd think that Future Boy Conan's first UK release would be getting some press in the more general film outlets.

It does feel like unless you're already interested / looking for it, you're going to be totally unaware of AL's upcoming releases. With Miyazaki's name on it, you'd think that Future Boy Conan's first UK release would be getting some press in the more general film outlets.
Yeah, probably also doesn't help that for a product out in a week it isn't even available on Amazon, Zavvi, HMV.... etc

Since I don't think anyone's mentioned it yet they're doing an Early Bird Redux on Part 1 of Future Boy Conan as well, until Thursday 19th May 2022 it will be £49.99 again (£45 with Anime Unlimited membership discount), and it has not sold out yet :)

I'm on the fence about Anime Unlimited, I didn't order as much as I thought I would but it's still very useful discount

I'm a sucker for EB discounts on Collector's Editions and since you can use it on everything in store apart from BOGOF deals I will be keeping my discount (I've also used it on Deals of the Week, OST CDs and manga), I knew that renewal was coming up so it's all budgeted for anyway, I'm pretty confident I'll buy enough to save more than I spend on the subscription in the coming year :)

Last edited:
I'm on the fence about Anime Unlimited, I didn't order as much as I thought I would but it's still very useful discount
The only real question is if you save more than the subscription costs and given the cheap cost of the subscription it's practically a given. Since the start of April I've saved more than the subscription cost me and that's just a month and a half. Even if you're a frugal anime buyer it's very easy to more than make your money back.

I made more than my money back too (thanks to the £13.49 Cardcaptor saving), but unfortunately I can't afford to buy much anime anymore.

I haven't bought anything from AL since the start of December and I really don't know when I'll be able to again, so Unlimited had to go! 😅

Whoop looks like AL was lurking as they've deleted the 'going out of print' section (or moved it somewhere I can't find) and they've updated the preorder section!

Screenshot_20220513-204541_Chrome.jpg

Edit. Nope nevermind, just in a different section haha

Is ATA (or anyone else for that matter) planning to release Belle on vinyl?

I saw Milan Records had a pre order link go live last night but that appears to be US only and sold out near instantly.
The amazon UK page is around now, Belle (Original Soundtrack) [VINYL]: Amazon.co.uk: CDs & Vinyl though, pricing isn't available yet, AL may also have their own colour variant too.

I'll look to pick this up, even if I wish that there was either 2 separate releases or a CD release with the entire English Soundtrack, as this release is the JP soundtrack (missing U as all the versions of it are missing that and the CD on the AL DE release is also missing that) with the 4 English songs of U, Gales of Song, Lend Me Your Voice and A Million Miles Away part 1 added on, which, while that covers most of it, is missing a few things here and there and isn't complete.

Back