Status
Not open for further replies.
Before I update the first post that details this year's mystery box, did anyone else receive one of the set to confirm the contents? I only ask because I'm pretty sure someone said they bought the two sets but the contents were the other way round (Red box with Blue titles, Blue box with Red titles).
Can you let us know when you do, since edits to previous messages are not 'announced'? thx!

Can you let us know when you do, since edits to previous messages are not 'announced'? thx!
No worries I'll make a post when I do. If the info gets revealed during the weekday, the first post would be updated later in the evening due to work either way.

Huh? A limited LE set that is just four Amarays stuffed in a box?
Nothing else? Not even a two-page ‘booklet’ or A4 ‘poster’?

I know there’s an extra movie in there that I’ll have to get, and my current CEs are only better by merit of extra shiny sub-boxes, little posters, and an abundance of postcards.
But come on. Make it slightly special? It’s literally the same as if I grabbed four basic £10 Amarays (which again is what you get in the CEs).
Or instead make it a more compact release (I’m assuming each Amaray is the same single lonely disc…)

Huh? A limited LE set that is just four Amarays stuffed in a box?
Nothing else? Not even a two-page ‘booklet’ or A4 ‘poster’?

I know there’s an extra movie in there that I’ll have to get, and my current CEs are only better by merit of extra shiny sub-boxes, little posters, and an abundance of postcards.
But come on. Make it slightly special? It’s literally the same as if I grabbed four basic £10 Amarays (which again is what you get in the CEs).
Or instead make it a more compact release (I’m assuming each Amaray is the same single lonely disc…)
This is just a standard edition bundle. AL release a lot of these, they never add anything else.

I noticed that only the last one had dual audio, so it feels like this is a 'premature' set. They will undoubtedly get done, and released again, it only makes $$-sense. I'm on the fence on this one for that reason. I am thinking I'll leave it and wait for the end to see if its sold out or not

I noticed that only the last one had dual audio, so it feels like this is a 'premature' set. They will undoubtedly get done, and released again, it only makes $$-sense. I'm on the fence on this one for that reason. I am thinking I'll leave it and wait for the end to see if its sold out or not
Those movies never got a dub

I don't think the trilogy ever will, sadly. Still, I don't own these or Re;surrection so, happy to get that set.

Last edited:
Why never a dub?
Presumably because Funimation deemed them not new/worthwhile enough (they are recaps of the series... sorta). The newest film, Re:Surrection, got one since it's all new. Re:Surrection also features returning actors who are mostly done with anime dubbing these days and therefore probably wouldn't have come back if it wasn't in theatres and a few other conditions (meaning, union and higher theatrical rates) which I doubt the recaps would have justified.

May have ordered one of those Mystery boxes too, since it seems more likely what the contents are. Looking forward to it.

Ok, since apparently shipping to Switzerland is faster than shipping to the UK, I can confirm that the blue box does indeed contain the titles mentioned previously, those being, and I spoiler

Ride your Wave
Birthday Wonderland
The Dragon Dentist
Fullmetal Alchemist CE Part 1

Pics will follow in the appropriate thread

MVM weren't kidding about the mystery discs being totally random, I received:

Familiar of Zero: Knight of the Twin Moons
Maid Sama disc 3
Seitokai Yakuindomo discs 2 & 4
Aria the Animation disc 2
Otorimonogatari
Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works discs 1 & 3
Higurashi: When They Cry Kai disc 2
Hanamonogatari

You’ll have to forgive me while I attempt to recover my memory, as these turned up in the morning.
But I opened the blue one and found all the red cased items (including dragon dentist), then the red one which was all white/grey/blue.
So:
Blue:
FMA (part 1)
Ride your Wave
Dragon Dentist
Birthday Wonderland
Red:
Coo
Resonance
KK S1
Children of the sea
Can confirm Red

Also blue looks correct but only saw 1

While waiting for my ATA box, I got my (first) MVM box, which included the ten random discs:
Monster Musume disc 2 (which I only recognise as I already have this)
Aria volume 3
Accel World disc 2
When They Cry Disc 1 and 4
Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works Disc 1, 2 AND 3!
Onimonogatari (no disc number, so I assume this is stand-alone)
Campione disc 1.

Anyone up for swapsies?
:)

Last edited:
I received my picks today. Am amazed, did we not wait months last year?

I got
Familiar of Zero 1,2,4. Already had 3 from a DOTW. This is what price does. I do not remember liking season one that much.
Mahoromatic, already got but you always need spares at £1.99
Gate, that way I don't need to open my collectors edition!
Undefeated Bahumet Chronicle, seen it but don't own it

Bodacious Space Pirates
saw the first few episodes and wasn't hooked but will give it another go. Pirates Space Schoolgirls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back