Your viewing journal

Hello World Spanish dub
This film is great and a visual feast. And held up surprisingly well on a second watch (first time was in English) even knowing the twists. If anything knowing what happens increased my emotional investment.

I Want To Eat Your Pancreas rewatch Spanish dub
As part of the simulwatch so more thoughts in that thread. Great film and very emotional.

Her Blue Sky Spanish dub
A bit slow at times but has some nice ideas and great character stories woven together.

Fire Force season 2
Goes in some mad direction but really good world building and expands nicely on season 1. It's a crazy but super fun watch.

Sakugan eps 8 & 9
Infighting and breakdown.

Blade Runner: Black Lotus ep 4
Total recall.

Let's Make a Mug Too s2 e10
Spark of inspiration.

Demon Slayer: Mugen Train Arc eps 1 & 2
Episode 1 is new material that takes place the day before the train departs at the start of the film, with Kyojuro starting his investigation.

Her Blue Sky Spanish dub
A bit slow at times but has some nice ideas and great character stories woven together.

I just watched this movie earlier in the week and promptly added the JP Limited Edition Blu-ray boxset to an order I was placing with amazon.co.jp. The JP set includes English subtitles, and that is the way I viewed it streaming. I wasn't sure if I would like it or not, but ended up really enjoying it.

71PgrvWV0GL._AC_SX466_.jpg

I just watched this movie earlier in the week and promptly added the JP Limited Edition Blu-ray boxset to an order I was placing with amazon.co.jp. The JP set includes English subtitles, and that is the way I viewed it streaming. I wasn't sure if I would like it or not, but ended up really enjoying it.
Yeah it is really good. I was never entirely sure how it would go and the main pair of sisters were really interesting and you cared for both of them. Also any anime where people play guitars immediately gains favour with me lol

Let’s Make a Mug Too episode 10 Sun.

Selection Project episode 10 Their own way.

Taisho Otome Fairy Tale episode 9 Real love.

Naruto (Rewatch) episodes 118-135 & 220 (Partially) (Complete. With this rewatch I finally had the entire series, filler asides, on Blu Ray. It’ll likely take a while for Viz to put all of Shippuden out though.) 4/5

Penguindrum episodes 1-24: Well, it finally arrived. Took so long I couldn't remember why I'd ordered it. Very strange. Started off mysterious and amusing and got bleaker and more complicated as it went. Lot of thing were not explained, but it had its moments. Will need a second watch (and possibly third) to pick up all the little details in the background I didn't spot the first time.

Now on to Magic Knight Rayearth, so I can decide whether I want to splash out on those special edition box sets in ATA's Christmas sale.

MAOYU (Japanese audio) - Episodes 7-12 (Completed)

I'm behind schedule on how I generally go through my backlog and simulcasts, so I'm planning on watching two more shows and one more film from the Blu-ray backlog before I shift to checking out the Autumn 2021 anime season.

RUMBLE GARANNDOLL ep 8
Treasure got.

Pride of Orange ep 8
Doing it for a friend.

Taisho Otome Fairy Tale ep 8
Open your heart.

Demon Slayer: Mugen Train Arc eps 3-5
Realised just how much exposition the baddy spouts when watching these and the cgi of the demon taking over the train still looks terrible. Guess they didn't think they had to fix it.

Stone Ocean ep3-7

There’s a little more levity entering the mix now, but with its prison setting and angrier protagonist, this has felt a bit harder edged than most of the other instalments so far. It certainly goes down easy though- they have a real knack for cliffhanger episode endings.

86 EIGHTY-SIX Part 2 episode 8 Gun.

Lupin III: Part VI episode 8 Way of life.

MUTEKING THE Dancing HERO episode 10 Revelations.

My Senpai is Annoying episode 9 Summer fun.

The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated! episode 18 Light.

World Trigger 3rd Season episode 9 Advice.

Naruto Shippuden (Rewatch) episodes 1-18

How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom (English Dub) Episode 10

Let's Make a Mug Too 2 Episode 10 Sun.

My Senpai is Annoying Episode 9 Seaside fun.

Restaurant to Another World Season 2 Episode 10 Confide.

Selection Project Episode 10 Doing it their way.

The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated! Episode 18 Light.

Yuki Yuna is a Hero: The Great Mankai Chapter Episode 10 The final battle begins.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stone Ocean (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-12 (On-Hold until more episodes are released in 2022)

I decided to jump straight into the new shows as I felt burned out from delving into the backlog. I'll likely watch a few more before the year is over, but for now its simulcast time. Starting off with Stone Ocean, which I managed to watch all episodes from the first batch today. Really enjoyed it, and looking forward to more.

Ergo Proxy eps 4-6

My Senpai is Annoying ep 9
Summer trip.

Demon Slayer: Mugen Train Arc eps 6 & 7 (complete)
Apart from episode 1, pretty much as I remember it from the film.

Demon Slayer: Entertainment District Arc ep 1
A double length episode that goes straight into the aftermath of the previous arc and then introduces a seemingly major player in the new arc with a training montage in between.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 227 New leaders.

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Entertainment District Arc episode 1 Aftermath.

Irina: The Vampire Cosmonaut episode 10 Empty room.

Mieruko-chan episode 10 Feed and feral.

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation 2nd Season episode 21 Frozen.

Naruto Shippuden (Rewatch) episodes 19-27, 29-37

Aria-The Crepuscolo-what a wonderful surprise! I knew that it was coming out this year but didn't know when. I found out it was released a few months ago so I jumped on it-it was a wonderful final end to this fantastic sol series. A very fond farewell to Akari, Alice, Aika, Alicia and company-thanks for the memories!!

There's still another film left yet, Aria The Benedizione
which just hit Japanese cinemas a few days ago.

According to what I've read on various sites there was a misunderstanding due to the word crepuscolo meaning twilight there was going to another "final" film but that was not true. If there is one more film I won't complain, though.

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation 2nd Season (English Dub) Episode 15

Irina: The Vampire Cosmonaut Episode 10

Mieruko-chan Episode 10

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation 2nd Season Episode 21

Back