UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

So I just received my German Edition of NGE (which is basically the UE sans paperweight and NERV card) and it's really dissapointing.
The moss rubber nipples are not very snug and the discs can come off easily. One of them came loose in transit and flew around in the mediaholder. A friend even had three discs flying around. The artcards are printed on both sides, unlike the Korean version. The worst is this artwork:
EUtwHG2XkAc75qz

Here the image was split and printed on one artcard, not foldable. This means it is impossible to see or frame the entire artwork. Very lazy.

Boy am I dissapointed. First the whole zavvi debacle with my damaged CE and now this (´。_。`)

At least the book is smyth-sewn.

Last edited:
So I just received my German Edition of NGE (which is basically the UE sans paperweight and NERV card) and it's really dissapointing.
The moss rubber nipples are not very snug and the discs can come off easily. One of them came loose in transit and flew around in the mediaholder. A friend even had three discs flying around. The artcards are printed on both sides, unlike the Korean version. The worst is this artwork:
EUtwHG2XkAc75qz

Here the image was split and printed on one artcard, not foldable. This means it is impossible to see or frame the entire artwork. Very lazy.

Boy am I dissapointed. First the whole zavvi debacle with my damaged CE and now this (´。_。`)

At least the book is smyth-sewn.
Damn, that's a shame. Can you share any photos? I'm curious to see the regional variations of this set.

Sure. I think the linked reddit post has some good pictures. Or do you want to see something specific? For example, the unclean cutouts or the groove-like texture on the LCL on the back?View attachment 21959View attachment 21960
Eek, the quality control on those disc trays doesn't really scream 'premium item'. Thanks for the pictures. I'll be interested to see how that back cover looks in person when my copy of the UK one arrives (whenever that is😅).

Eek, the quality control on those disc trays doesn't really scream 'premium item'. Thanks for the pictures. I'll be interested to see how that back cover looks in person when my copy of the UK one arrives (whenever that is😅).
No problem. I'm thinking of asking for replacement discs or even returning the whole thing. Cost me 200€, but for that money I could buy the UK Standard Edition and the French version (which will be just like the Italian Dynit version). Although my French skills are already very, very rusty.

I've been seriously considering cancelling mine and buying the Zavvi CE, this is just pushing me ever closer to that...

On a positive note, On-Gaku has shipped.
I wouldn't trust the packaging from Zavvi. My NGE CE was my first and last order from them. The refund process took almost a month. Pure torture. And since AL decided to make the CE exclusive to zavvi, my only other choice would be to order the Australian CE from Madman. I can't find anything about their packaging quality though....

Has anyone here ordered from Madman? If so, can you tell me how they usually pack things? Do they use bubble wrap?

Fortunately my Zavvi NGE CE arrived over here in the US with not a scratch or ding on the outside, but I guess I'm going to have to open my set to inspect the inside contents; there is an issue with the US set having booklets with multiple pages of smeared and faded text, and all this talk about filthy pizza-finger-smudged discs... :oops:

Here is an Unboxing of the German Edition. The issues with the disc mounts become immediately apparent.

Edit: Here is another one, which is much worse. Do we have nsfl tags here?

Last edited:
Sure. I think the linked reddit post has some good pictures. Or do you want to see something specific? For example, the unclean cutouts or the groove-like texture on the LCL on the back?View attachment 21959View attachment 21960

Thanks for the pictures/unboxing video. I don't actually have a huge issue with the texture of the box as a concept, but your picture does make it look like it's suffering from banding :)

More worrying is that inlet tray, which based on the video is giving me a flashbacks to AL's Gurren Lagann UE box from years past. Obviously, the tray itself isn't actually falling apart, but those untreated surfaces look likely to tear and scuff easily, in addition to the potential loose disk situation. The bright orange also doesn't help, given that it reminds me of Funimation's case for Eva 2.22, which easily peeled off like paint, although in this situation that's probably an unfair comparison. Still, I hope the UK release uses better materials.

Thanks for the pictures/unboxing video. I don't actually have a huge issue with the texture of the box as a concept, but your picture does make it look like it's suffering from banding :)

More worrying is that inlet tray, which based on the video is giving me a flashbacks to AL's disastrous Gurren Lagann UE box from years past. Obviously, the tray itself isn't actually falling apart, but those untreated surfaces look likely to tear and scuff easily, in addition to the potential loose disk situation. The bright orange also doesn't help, given that it reminds me of Funimation's case for Eva 2.22, which easily peeled off like paint, although in this situation that's probably an unfair comparison. Still, I hope the UK release uses better materials.

I agree, but my Box even has the AL and Madman logos printed on it, so I assume you will receive the same quality. It's also visible in the first unboxing. (min 3:22)

Edit: Sorry I read that wrong. The German in me took your banding comment a little too seriously :D

Last edited:
Banding? That's not a picture from the TV but from the back of the box that features a Rei Artwork xD

Oh yes I know, I was just joking that the texture in your picture looks like its forming patterns across the box. :)

The other part does worry me a bit. I guess I'll have to see on the day it arrives, but those trays are hardly of the standard I would hope from in a £200 box set.

Back